Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Interesting Article

Old 02-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Interesting Article

I'm really curious to see if you guys get the same thing from this article that I got.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080221/ap_on_en_mu/people_linkin_park;_ylt=AhBbQrg_bcrtLjJZOTj3xVus0N UE

Yes there is a point to this.

Tom
Old 02-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Interesting Article

What I got was that Benington needs a better firewall. And his wife should have kicked that chicks tail.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:12 AM

I get that its a waste of band width.... What was your take? I'm not sure where you intended to go with this. Now my curiosity is piqued.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:17 AM

Or could you be coming to the realization that big brother can look into every corner of your life through these computers???? No big surprise, there to me. Don't say anything that can be misconstrued and get you flagged
Old 02-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

Or could you be coming to the realization that big brother can look into every corner of your life through these computers???? No big surprise, there to me. Don't say anything that can be misconstrued and get you flagged
Bingo!

Remember that post on here a while back about folks posting thier guns online. Some of us spoke up about that and others mocked the idea.

I recently heard the Obama once backed a bill that would not only make handguns illegal but would require the confiscation of all handguns. Don't ask me for a source on that one because I'm not as into politics as I should be. My buddy is far more active and I get my tid bits from him.

Anyone still want to post your armament? Hmmmm

Commentary anyone?

Tom
Old 02-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, you didn't see this old boy replying to that post. If i owned one gun or one hundred, I sure wouldn't put it up on a public billboard like this for all to see. Way too many whackos around that actually can read. Pride is one thing...being foolish is something else... Who knows what can be done these days with technology like this, and who has access to it. Just my .02 c. worth....
Old 02-21-2008, 11:21 AM

You don't need goverment super computers to track someone down. A guy on another firearm board I frequent thought it was fine to post his guns, because "no one can find me". He even made a $200 bet that no one could locate him. It took only a few hours before someone PM'd the guy hisname, address, and telephone number. The guy was totaly stunned that not only was he found, but how quickly it had happened. If you know how to go about it, the information is out there.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

You don't need goverment super computers to track someone down. A guy on another firearm board I frequent thought it was fine to post his guns, because "no one can find me". He even made a $200 bet that no one could locate him. It took only a few hours before someone PM'd the guy hisname, address, and telephone number.
I know of a military rifle collector who had a 'hot' burgulary over the guns he had. He had a link in his signature linesin his poststo his own website that had a list and pictures of dozens of high value guns. At the bottom of his website he had his email address which read something like '[email protected]"

On his way out of his house on the way to work one morning, a guy walked from around the side of his house and put a pistol in his ear and demanded that he open his safes and present certain guns- the guns were the ones featured on the man's website. Another guy helped stack the guns in a pickup truck. Tehy made off with $40-50 thousand dollars worth of guns.

The man posted about his robbery on the forum and was shocked that they knew exactly what he had in his collection. I looked at his website, googled his name and 'flagstaff' and sent him a PM stating that it only took me about 1 minute to figure out his address.

Like I tell my wife- nothing is secure, locks only keep honest people from prying further, and all you can do is make yourself a more difficult target.

As far as posting pictures of guns or even talking about guns goes, if the .gov wants to take your guns, all they need to do is look at member ship of sites like this and many others to determine who out there has the guns- it can be readily be assumed that if you belong to this site, you could be put on a list.