Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ugliest rifles?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ugliest rifles?

The hi-point carbine is also disgusting to look at, but fun to shoot. Remington 788's were not real cute either, but again good shooters.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I second the Hi-Points. The pistols and the Carbines look like a brick with a handle on it.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

TC Encore
Handi-Rifles
Rem. 710 & 770
Most all Savages
Anything painted or "pretty in pink"

Old 02-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Savage rifles- but that wouldn't stop me from buying one.
Weatherby- Some may disagree, but they look too fat, flashy and gaudy like something Boss Hog would be proud to own.

Remington 710, 770, 597 rifles.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Excepting military junk, most ugly sticks are Remingtons - you know, the ones with "vent ribs and gut-hook front sights"...... Then there's that Rem. 710 abortion! YUK!!! Yet they also make some nice ones, like the M7 and the 700 (the ones with walnut stocks and ebony forends....

But I have to agree that the TC's are ugly, and I just hate the space-cadet Weatherby's. Probably the only thing that has kept me from buying a Weatherby all these years is NOT their generally overbore cartridges, but just the way they look. Ol' Roy should have offered the MKV with a classsic English walnut stock option.... I'm sure he'd have sold at least a few so made...
Old 02-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love how guys want an ugly rifle they can scratch up/not care about etc....personally a dent/scratch in a wood stock gives it character if you ask me, and I don't plan to just throw around any rifle, synthetic or not, i wont be throwing it down a rock pile to see the results. Just a pt I thought I'd make, sure the syn handle wear better, but do you have tons of scrtaches/dents in your wood stocks ever through the years? Do like that syn wont swell in humidity/heat etc...should stay dead one always.
eldequelllo ...I have a MK-V fibermark its gorgeous as synthetics go if you ask me, looked at the mk-V syntethic and it looks so cheap/ugly, fibermark is awesome, wish others offered "nicer" synthetics. I agree a nice wood stock on a weatherby would be nice, they have 1, but its glossy/polished. They have a gorgeous custom model.....french walnut, satin rather than glossy, i love wood stocks with some grain/character.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Winchester Wildcat
Haha... the Winchester Mosin Nagant you mean?
Dale Earnhardt edition remington rifles
I was a hardcore #3 fan, but I think there is an old Western saying about a dead man's gun that would probably apply to a dead man's image on the side of your gun as well.

I think the new X-Bolts are ugly as well. Tikka T3s ain't hittin on much either.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

think the new X-Bolts are ugly as well. Tikka T3s ain't hittin on much either.
Didn't want to ruffle any more feathers then I normally do

Old 02-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lee Enfields, broomhandle Mausers, Italian Carcanos
Old 02-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

think the new X-Bolts are ugly as well. Tikka T3s ain't hittin on much either.
Didn't want to ruffle any more feathers then I normally do
I'm not scared...ugly on a rifle is only skin deep. Just like on women. I had a friend in college who was a real ladies man, but only dated girls that were what I would classify as"ehhhhh". I asked him about it one time when we were almost drunk and he told me "Agirl who can't really get much action in the way of guys will bend over backwards to make you happy. You could almost treat her like trash, and she'd still make you breakfast, fold your clothes and bake a hell of a good pie... and when you get in a fight.... she'd take the couch. Why would you want to put up with most prissy girls who fret about their looks and expect you to kiss their asses? You can keep 'em bro." Not a bad way of looking at it I suppose... especially if you don't like doing your own wash.

Heck I don't care about ruffling feathers old... opinions are like elbows. I think a TC encore in blued finish with a nice walnut stock is rather handsome. Though I do think the Pro Hunters are bit much. I'm a fan of the Weatherby's with the black and tan stocks and the SS barrels too. But I do agree that some of them have been over the top. The gloss and rosewood/ebony tip on Weatherby's is nice... but you can take it too far pretty quick from there.

Quick Reply: Ugliest rifles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.