Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Cheap vs. Expensive?

Old 02-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Cheap vs. Expensive?

I'm sure income matters quite a bit on this question, personally I wonder why people won't justify spending more on a firearm? I see a gun as something thats hopefully going ot be passed down from generation to generation. I'm not one to spend alot of money on junk i dont need, but can be one to be extravagent on something I want/like, such as a firearm, I want a .458 lott, and like cz's fancy grade version, but after some looking, of late I'm trying to talk myself into a dakota? I know there's limits on how much anyone can spend....least to most guys there is. Though to dispute my own question, if eel like remington and others are making higher quality rifles for the money than ever, anyone agree? So my point is, why not spend another $1000, what's that cost spread out over a lifetime?
Old 02-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cheap vs. Expensive?

I have more in my barrel on my Blaser than most of my friends have in their whole rigs. What you choose to spend YOUR money on is YOUR business. I like "high end" firearms and don't mind spending a couple grand for a nice gun, but it is my preference.

My feeling on the subject is that you only live once, and if you can afford it, go for it!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't mind at all spending more for better quality. I'll gladly pay more to buy a Benelli rather than a Mossberg, a HK rather than a Sigma...it's about buying a higher quality product and not simply settleing for something that just "works". Some ppl simply have their brains set on quantity and ignore the whole quality aspect. I know ppl like this. Be happy to let others know about them having 80, 90 or more firearms yt just doesn't disclose that the level of quality on all but a very few are sub-par and then some.
Kinda like vehicles. Why buy a Volvo or Lexus when a Ford will get you to the same place?
Old 02-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

If your single with out kids..Go for it..LOL I do agree about a firearm is a life long investment.. You buy guns to keep not to sell.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

salukipv1:

If you can afford a Dakota, gor for it. Good luck.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:22 PM

I like nice guns and wish i could afford to spend $2000 on a rifle. I get the best guns i can for the money i have to spend on it though. I dont see why people need to have 40+ guns. I wouldnt shoot them all if i had that many. I like to be farmiliar with my guns. I have 5 long guns right now and only plan on getting 5 or 6 more before i start trading guns fornicer guns.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

I go with what works, and will do the job. However, I don't feel the need to carry a status symbol into the woods.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Better to have one very well built shotgun/rifle then 100 of lesser quality . Same applies toscopes. Buy the best you can afford if you can't do it right away save for it.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the Dakota is what you want then all I can say is go for it. You earned it...
Old 02-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Spike

I tend to keep my purchases more towards the utilitarian side than the fancy/pretty side. Personally, I can't see spending extra to get a fancy beautiful gun I would be too afraid of scratches to take out of a velvet lined display case.

I don't mind spending more for a better quality product to a certain extent, but I can't justify purchasing a gun with such a nice finish that I'd be afraid to take it out of the safe and use it for its intended purpose.

In my mind an heirloom doesn't have to be fancy, just something with some memories attached.

All that having been said, the things I find important in a firearm are completely irrelevant to what you want, so if you have the money and it happens to be what you desire, go for it.

Quick Reply: Cheap vs. Expensive?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.