Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Most Accurate & Reliable High Rifle Available

Old 02-02-2008, 06:47 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Most Accurate & Reliable High Rifle Available

The title of this thread....

If I catch any of my rifles getting high, they are getting traded, it doesn't matter how accurate they are.... no tolerance.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:06 AM

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

ORIGINAL: starhunter21

ORIGINAL: dean790

Thank you for all of the info guys. I didn't mean to open a big bag of worms with this post, but I've never heard of some of the guns mentioned here. Although, there is one that keeps getting mentioned over and over. It's the Sako. I'll do some research on the Sako and see if there are any gun shops here in OKC that have one in 270. I'm just looking for a extremely accurate and reliable rifle in 270. The cost isn't too much of a factor because it will be a gun that I keep forever and then pass along when I get too old to hunt / shoot. A lot of you will laugh at this but I've never owned a high power rifle. I want one awesome gun....and the decision is DIFFICULT. I learned a tremendous amount in this thread. Thanks again.
I wouldn't call a Sako the "most" of anything, but you definitely won't go wrong if you buy one. Keep us posted on what you end up with.
For the price range, "most" is more than appropriate.
"For the price range" was not part of the equation.
Actually trieve he was talking about a sako, therefore price range is part of the equation. If you have an alternative or suggestion for a rifle in this group please advise. Otherwise dont make blanket statements like that, you are just wasting bandwidth.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dean790

Thank you for all of the info guys. I didn't mean to open a big bag of worms with this post, but I've never heard of some of the guns mentioned here. Although, there is one that keeps getting mentioned over and over. It's the Sako. I'll do some research on the Sako and see if there are any gun shops here in OKC that have one in 270. I'm just looking for a extremely accurate and reliable rifle in 270. The cost isn't too much of a factor because it will be a gun that I keep forever and then pass along when I get too old to hunt / shoot. A lot of you will laugh at this but I've never owned a high power rifle. I want one awesome gun....and the decision is DIFFICULT. I learned a tremendous amount in this thread. Thanks again.
I wouldn't call a Sako the "most" of anything, but you definitely won't go wrong if you buy one. Keep us posted on what you end up with.
For the price range, "most" is more than appropriate.
"For the price range" was not part of the equation.
Actually trieve he was talking about a sako, therefore price range is part of the equation. If you have an alternative or suggestion for a rifle in this group please advise. Otherwise dont make blanket statements like that, you are just wasting bandwidth.
starhunter
My posts are wasting no more bandwidth than yours, so you need to let that one go. If you had read my post, I said that he wouldn't go wrong if he did buy a Sako. Also if you had read the original post in this thread, you would have seen that the first line was "Eliminating the cost factor...".

I am not arguing that Sako and Tikka don't make great gun because they do, but in the gun world, neither gun is the "most". MAYBE the "most" in their price range, but if we "eliminate the cost factor", neither is the "most".

Old 02-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

1.Mauser, 2.Kimber 3.Husqvarna
Old 02-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

"RE: Most Accurate & Reliable High Rifle Available??"

I will promise to be kind and non-argumentative here. Judging by the preceding five pages of responses, I am reminded of the best answer to your question, given by the farmer who went to the zoo and looked at the Giraffe: Said he " There ain't no sech annymal." Just as obviously, there is NOT just one MOST ACCURATE AND RELIABLE High rifle; there are many that would qualify........