Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Most Accurate & Reliable High Rifle Available

Old 02-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Most Accurate & Reliable High Rifle Available

I'm betting most guides in Africa use open site double rifles....which would classify as the most reliable out of any rifle made, but not the most accurate. imo
I think some may but have you seen the price on good double rifles? I would bet the CZ and Mauser Derivatives are the most popular.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also have a Blaser R-93 with 308 and 9.3x62 barrels for it, and I wouldn't hesitate to go up against any dangerous game in the world and know my gun would function and shoot when the cards were down.
I really like Sako rifles and such but I doubt I would classify them as the most accurate or the most reliable. Off the top of my head I can name only one rifle type that is the most reliable and that would be a Mauser. One has many more selections when it comes to accurate rifles.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

I'm betting most guides in Africa use open site double rifles....which would classify as the most reliable out of any rifle made, but not the most accurate. imo
Again, I hate using the adverb "most" when talking about firearms, but I have to agree that if there is such an animal as "the MOST reliable" type of gun it would have to be a break action. The fewer moving parts the better. I know quite a few guys in the Double Rifle Shooters Society, and they seem to be quite proud of the accuracy of their doubles. Are they the "most accurate"? I doubt it, but again, I don't have any experience with them.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

I like the accutrigger..
Old 02-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have two Sakos and a Tikka. I've never doubted the reliability or the accuracy of any of them. We've handloaded to an inch group, which is fine with us.

Supreme accuracy does come with tight fitting parts. Not desirable when trying to cycle many rounds in the heat of the moment.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:31 AM

Thank youfor all of the info guys. I didn't mean to open a big bag of worms with this post, but I've never heard of some of the guns mentioned here. Although, there is one that keeps getting mentioned over and over. It's the Sako. I'll do some research on the Sako and see if there are any gun shops here in OKC that have one in 270. I'm just looking for a extremely accurate and reliable rifle in 270. The cost isn't too much of a factor because it will be a gun that I keep forever and then pass along when I get too old to hunt / shoot. A lot of you will laugh at this but I've never owned a high power rifle. I want one awesome gun....and the decision is DIFFICULT. I learned a tremendous amount in this thread. Thanks again.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:04 AM
MagnumMan308

If extreme accuracy is a concern, and you're not too worried about being thrifty, and you could live with a short action round,give Kelbly's a call and $2650, and they'll build you a Panda-actioned rifle in the caliber of your choice that will walk all over anthing listed previously. If you absolutlyneed a long action ormagazine rifle, have that action changed to aKodiak orGrizzley II, and it'll still stompon most other rifles accuracy wise.
http://www.kelbly.com/main.html

Old 02-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dean790

Thank youfor all of the info guys. I didn't mean to open a big bag of worms with this post, but I've never heard of some of the guns mentioned here. Although, there is one that keeps getting mentioned over and over. It's the Sako. I'll do some research on the Sako and see if there are any gun shops here in OKC that have one in 270. I'm just looking for a extremely accurate and reliable rifle in 270. The cost isn't too much of a factor because it will be a gun that I keep forever and then pass along when I get too old to hunt / shoot. A lot of you will laugh at this but I've never owned a high power rifle. I want one awesome gun....and the decision is DIFFICULT. I learned a tremendous amount in this thread. Thanks again.
I wouldn't call a Sako the "most" of anything, but you definitely won't go wrong if you buy one. Keep us posted on what you end up with.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

Thank you for all of the info guys. I didn't mean to open a big bag of worms with this post, but I've never heard of some of the guns mentioned here. Although, there is one that keeps getting mentioned over and over. It's the Sako. I'll do some research on the Sako and see if there are any gun shops here in OKC that have one in 270. I'm just looking for a extremely accurate and reliable rifle in 270. The cost isn't too much of a factor because it will be a gun that I keep forever and then pass along when I get too old to hunt / shoot. A lot of you will laugh at this but I've never owned a high power rifle. I want one awesome gun....and the decision is DIFFICULT. I learned a tremendous amount in this thread. Thanks again.
I wouldn't call a Sako the "most" of anything, but you definitely won't go wrong if you buy one. Keep us posted on what you end up with.
For the price range, "most" is more than appropriate.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: starhunter21

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

Thank you for all of the info guys. I didn't mean to open a big bag of worms with this post, but I've never heard of some of the guns mentioned here. Although, there is one that keeps getting mentioned over and over. It's the Sako. I'll do some research on the Sako and see if there are any gun shops here in OKC that have one in 270. I'm just looking for a extremely accurate and reliable rifle in 270. The cost isn't too much of a factor because it will be a gun that I keep forever and then pass along when I get too old to hunt / shoot. A lot of you will laugh at this but I've never owned a high power rifle. I want one awesome gun....and the decision is DIFFICULT. I learned a tremendous amount in this thread. Thanks again.
For the price range, "most" is more than appropriate.
"For the price range" was not part of the equation.

Quick Reply: Most Accurate & Reliable High Rifle Available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.