Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

sks??

Old 01-26-2008, 08:08 AM

Default RE: sks??

Badger, you're quite right that Ruger's Mini-14 is not noted for accuracy. But the last one I had that I was shooting against the SKS was the "best" of them I'd ever owned. The time I shot them one against the other was off a bench at 50 yds. The Mini would cut a group about 1 1/2" and the SKS was easily doing half that. Surprised the hell out of me. Both of them were with original peep sights. I wouldn't waste my time scoping either one.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: brushbustin

I was looking through shotgun news last night and noticed all of the sks's that they have and how cheap they are.I got to looking at some of the accessories for them and i saw that they can be tricked out just like an AR.Now i think that im going to buy one and buy a tatical stock and put a scope on it.Now is there anyone type that i should not buy?How accurate are these gun?I just want to know what you guys think of these gun overall.Thanks!!
Accuracy of an issue SKS with iron sights and issue trigger runs from 3-5 MOA with good ammo. With some brands of cheapie ammo, it is twice this figure. An SKS can be accurized, and a scope added, plus the trigger can be made into a lot better one. Then they will do 2 MOA pretty consistently, but never expect them to beat the little CZ 527 carbine that is chambered for the same cartridge! Mostly, they are better than an AK, though!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

my 99$ norinco shoots well too. maybe got lucky. i put a matching (ebay) norinco scope with base 20$ and one of those 50$ draganov stocks to give it a look. its good to go. plenty of cheap ammo around. the only modification i had to do is cut a couple coils of the ejector spring because with lighter surplus cheapo loads it wouldnt throw the cases and eject properly. if you use russian ammo or modern stuff you shouldnt have to modify at all.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:58 PM

Comparing the SKS to the CZ Carbine is talking apples and oranges and hardly a valid comparison.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Pavomesa

Comparing the SKS to the CZ Carbine is talking apples and oranges and hardly a valid comparison.

Yes, I know! Actually, more like comparing apples and basketballs.