Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Did/does Ruger ever make hi-cap Mini-30 mags?

Old 02-04-2003, 01:46 AM

Default Did/does Ruger ever make hi-cap Mini-30 mags?

I was wondering if Ruger ever made hi cap Mini 30 magazines. If not for civilian use, does anyone know if they made hi caps for law enforcement? I know they made hi caps for the Mini 14 and currenly only make Mini 14 hi caps for law enforcement/gov't use.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Did/does Ruger ever make hi-cap Mini-30 mags?

I believe they made 30-rnd mags for law-enforcement sale only.

Keep yore powder dry!!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey HK45USP, Glad to see your still after the Ruger(factory) Hi Cap mags for the Mini's.As we know Ruger did make some 10,20 and 30 round mags for the Mini 14's. Even before the ban William B.(Bill) Ruger didn't want these Hi Cap released to the general public.To answer your question about Hi Cap Mini 30 mags. I have never seen one or can ever remember hearing about them.It's doubtful you'll find one and if you do be prepared to grab your billfold.I still have all my Factory Mini 14 mags.The prices for these is really getting outrageous. Especially considering what I paid for them way back.I wish now I would have bought all the shop had.I could be semi retired. The Ruger Folding Stocks,well that's another subject.Let's put it this way I would be retired if I would have played my cards right with the factory Mini folding stocks.LOL..
Ruger Redhawk

..... A Proud NRA Life Member since 1977 .....Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-04-2003, 10:45 AM

Hey Ruger Redhawk!!!!! Nice to hear from you again. I've been off line for a little over 2 months now. Anyway, I'm back.

Yeah, I was just wondering about those good ole mini-30's. I own one and I have some 10 rounders from a company called fourfourmag.com. They sold me the magazines with the advertisement that the company is bidding to get a contract with Ruger to make their factory magazines.

The magazine I bought is virtually identical the the Ruger factory 5 rounders, except it holds 10 rounds. It works flawlessly.

Keep yer powder dry!

Hk
Old 02-04-2003, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

HK45USP, It's good seeing you're back. Not long ago I realized I hadn't seen you on here.With hunting season and working my time was limited here. What year did Ruger bring the Mini 30 out?If I remember right Klinton signed the bill in 94.That might have been before the Mini 30 was released.I don't think so but I can't keep up with time.Like I said if it were up to the late Bill Ruger the public would never have gotten any of these hi caps.Good to hear that there is another company making mags that function flawlessly in the Mini's. Ruger could very well give them a contract if they meet Ruger's specs.
Ruger Redhawk

..... A Proud NRA Life Member since 1977 .....Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-06-2003, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had one in 1985 or 1986....

Keep yore powder dry!!
Old 02-12-2003, 07:11 PM

You can get 20 and 30 rd magazines for the Mini 30 from Cabellas. I bought a 20 round from them about a year ago and it works fine.