Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Disappointed with Remington

Old 01-04-2008, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Disappointed with Remington

I always liked Remington products. They must be doing very well since they just bought out Marlin Firearms!!
Old 01-04-2008, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

Remington is now owned by a very large Investmentcompany that also owns Bushmaster, Hence the new R-15 VTR...This company will be the ruination of Remington since they only care about the bottom line...I'm afraid Marlin, NEF, H&R and L.C. Smith will go right down the tubes with them...This Companywill skimp, cheapen, and modify everythingjust to clear a larger profit...Once these companies start losing money this Firm will drop them like a hot potato and they will end up just like Winchester...Gone!!!...[:@]
Old 01-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TPhunter

Remington is now owned by a very large Investmentcompany that also owns Bushmaster, Hence the new R-15 VTR...This company will be the ruination of Remington since they only care about the bottom line...I'm afraid Marlin, NEF, H&R and L.C. Smith will go right down the tubes with them...This Companywill skimp, cheapen, and modify everythingjust to clear a larger profit...Once these companies start losing money this Firm will drop them like a hot potato and they will end up just like Winchester...Gone!!!...[:@]
TPhunter unfortunatley is telling the truth. The bottomline is it!
Just one more reason I'm a Ruger fan and supporter.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've always liked remingtons just curious what are you dissapointed in about 2008? price quality models calibers
[ol][*]Their retail price has jumped substantially in the last 2 years[*]Their custom shop rifles areat custom gunsmith prices anc their quality has gone down[*]Their Quality is no better or worse then 2 years ago[*]Only so many ways of making a silk purse out of a sows ear[*]Other then the 700,870,7600 and 1100 they could stop making the rest of their crap and no one would notice[*]They have a new trigger design but it is only put on select models??????????[/ol]
Old 01-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

I always liked Remington products. They must be doing very well since they just bought out Marlin Firearms!!
That's a bummer, I like Remington shotguns but, I really like the Marlin rifles.. Now what?
Old 01-04-2008, 07:57 AM

Everything about Remington is going downhill. I have a relative who has workedat the Ilion plantfor 24 years. They have seen guns in and out the gates for many years. But NEVER as many coming back as has been the norm the last 7-8 years, and last year he said was unbelievable. Here are some examples..... stocks breaking and cracking (yes this includes synthetic), sights falling off, extractors breaking off, extractors NOT ON gun when bought, bolts malfunctioning, bolt handle welds breaking loose from the bolt, vent rib welds coming apart. These are just a few examples. Quality and control SUCKS !!!!!! I myself am a Remington guy. I own many any probably will own more, but over the years the quality of a Remington product that we remember from years ago just is not there anymore. And now that Remington has bought Marlin, can we axpect the quality of of those to diminish also? The parent company that owns Remington now seems only interested in making money, not putting out the quality product we are all used to in the past. I do realize that all things have the potential to break and malfunction and these things probably happen to other companies weapons also. But this question was about Remington.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

I got an new 1100 G3 last year. Workd well so far. Remington is a good company and I am sure they will address thos problems. Well let's hope.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

...This Companywill skimp, cheapen, and modify everythingjust to clear a larger profit..
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 AM
bigcountry

Only thing I can say about newer remingtons, is the rough barrels and inconsistent throat lengths. I can't stand bad barrel foulers, and new ones are. A few years ago, at an estate sale we picked up 2 1980 700 special BDL varmit editions. I mean these were fine guns. Fine walnut, nice precise checkering, barrels smooth as silk. Action was smooth. Blueing was deep. And both was the finest out of box shooters I have seen. I still have the 7mm-08.

In 2003 and 04,I went onthis quest with my trusty stoney point OAL gauge and two 180gr partitions and went around to different gun stores and measured the throat lengths on 10 different 300RUM's. The OAl varied from 3.7" to 3.85". Anyone that knows machinging, knows thats huge variance. Max you can usually load in a long action BDL was 3.66". Thats a big jump to the rifling.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

In 2003 and 04,I went onthis quest with my trusty stoney point OAL gauge and two 180gr partitions and went around to different gun stores and measured the throat lengths on 10 different 300RUM's. The OAl varied from 3.7" to 3.85". Anyone that knows machinging, knows thats huge variance. Max you can usually load in a long action BDL was 3.66". Thats a big jump to the rifling.
WOW, thats terrible! I never thought about trying that on new rifles. I bet the sales guy didn't like you.

And to clear up some things: REMINGTON DOES NOT OWN MARLIN!!!! CERBERUS DOES, THEY ALSO OWN DPMS, COBB, AND CHRYSLER, TO NAME A FEW.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with Remington

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.