Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka scope rings

Old 12-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Spike

Default Tikka scope rings

Back with another Tikka question (guess what I got for Christmas)

Do they come with a set of scope rings?

I don't actually have the rifle yet, I have a receipt (shouldbe in by the 1st) and I’ve been trying to read up on them.Well on the Beretta site
http://www.berettausa.com/product/product_rifles_main.htm
if you go to the description of the Tikka T3 Lite at the beginning of the last sentence it says all T3s come with scope rings.
Just wondering if that’s accurate since nowhere else onthe Berettasite or on the Tikkas site does it say that newrifles come with rings.

Im suspicious since Beretta doesn’t really seem to care about or sell any accessories for the rifles they import (except the TRG) and their website doesn't seem to be put together all that well.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tikka scope rings

Yes they come with scope rings from the factory. I called Beretta last week to order some Xlow rings for a Sako and they didn't have them in stock. They then proceeded to tell me they were discontinued in 2005 when they just started showing up at the SAko website this year. ANyway no one has them that I can find there is some sort of disconnect there. No one will accuse Beretta of knowing how to run a business even though they have been in business for 500 years.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:15 PM

Yes the Tikkas come with rings. I got a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless right before Thanksgiving. They are great guns.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Gun is great but the factory rings are crap. Get the Leupold dovetail bases and rings. You won't regret it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=316701&t=11082005
http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=10&Categoryid=8588&categoryst ring=657***698***8582***

Old 12-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

nothing wrong with the factory rings ,if you get a good set to start with,what mean is they had some bad screws in some rings. i used them on my tikka t3 . you will have to a 40mm or less objective.

i've heard that the US is the only place that they come with rings.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've heard that the US is the only place that they come with rings.
I’m not sure about other countries but the rings are no included with the rifle when purchased in Canada...
Old 12-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I called Beretta last week to order some Xlow rings for a Sako and they didn't have them in stock.
Look at this, you mentioned that your Kahle scope was tad high on your Sako and now you’re ordering extra low rings... What’s next, Conetrol base and rings...[8D]...
Old 12-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Try TJ GENERAL STORE www.tjgeneralstore.com they show Sako & Tikka rings in stock they are Opti Lock which I prefer for either rifle but they are not cheap i hope this helps chad
Old 12-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look at this, you mentioned that your Kahle scope was tad high on your Sako and now you’re ordering extra low rings... What’s next, Conetrol base and rings...[8D]...
It doesn't look that bad but I wish the objective would hug the barrel a little closer..Before the Kahles I had a av 4-12x50 and it fit with room to spare and looked good with low rings. I don't want to go past 9-10 power with this 300 wsm . DOesn't matter anyway Beretta doesn't have them in stock[:@]and says they were discontinued a while back . Yet you go to www.sako.fi and they are there with a part number. Conetrol rings and bases if they didn't mar the tube would be a very good choice. I always manage to ding a tube everytime I use those rings and or talley steel rings.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

It doesn't look that bad but I wish the objective would hug the barrel a little closer..Before the Kahles I had a av 4-12x50 and it fit with room to spare and looked good with low rings. I don't want to go past 9-10 power with this 300 wsm . DOesn't matter anyway Beretta doesn't have them in stock[:@] and says they were discontinued a while back . Yet you go to www.sako.fi and they are there with a part number. Conetrol rings and bases if they didn't mar the tube would be a very good choice. I always manage to ding a tube everytime I use those rings and or talley steel rings.
I’m going to have to check into that. See what they have around here. I’m looking at another Sako 75 and I was going to use extra low rings for this one.

As you mentioned my first Sako with the 50 mm Odj. lens and low rings looks real good with just enough clearance.

The Conetrol ring are not easy to install but they sure look good once finished...

Quick Reply: Tikka scope rings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.