Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun's you buy at a dealer and don't

Old 12-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gun's you buy at a dealer and don't

Why not a Remington 700???? Or a Ruger??
Very minimum I have had to do a trigger job on every Remington I have owned including the "CUSTOM" shop models. Goes without saying that you have to redo the Ruger trigger or replace it. The new Hawkeyes are an improvement but are you going to compare that with what comes out of even a Tikka?
Old 12-24-2007, 02:50 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Why not a Remington 700???? Or a Ruger??
Very minimum I have had to do a trigger job on every Remington I have owned including the "CUSTOM" shop models. Goes without saying that you have to redo the Ruger trigger or replace it. The new Hawkeyes are an improvement but are you going to compare that with what comes out of even a Tikka?
Adjust three screws and bam, your done. Anybody can do it in minutes. You don't have to have a gunsmith.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Adjust three screws and bam, your done. Anybody can do it in minutes. You don't have to have a gunsmith.
Most of the time you just have to turn out the weight adjustment screw but other times I have had to mess with the overtravel and sear engagement and I have had them that had to much creep no matter what I did. I don't want the average Joe screwing with a trigger that can blow his head off or worse kill an innocent bystander, half the AD's that Remington was sued for was probably improper maintenance and the rest people playing with the adjustments. The whole topic was just buying the gun putting on a scope mount and scope and taking it to the range.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:02 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Most of the time you just have to turn out the weight adjustment screw but other times I have had to mess with the overtravel and sear engagement and I have had them that had to much creep no matter what I did. I don't want the average Joe screwing with a trigger that can blow his head off or worse kill an innocent bystander, half the AD's that Remington was sued for was probably improper maintenance and the rest people playing with the adjustments. The whole topic was just buying the gun putting on a scope mount and scope and taking it to the range.
I realize the topic, but talk about being anal retentive. Holy cow.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I realize the topic, but talk about being anal retentive. Holy cow.

Why am i not surprised at your response?
Old 12-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

You left out Sauers.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

How are the A-Bolt triggers Big? Adjustable? Pretty good out of box?
My first A-Bolt that is about 16 years old now, was adjusted to 4lbs out of the factory door. That is also as low as it will go. It is a darn nice trigger, no creep. I will more than likely buy the necessary springs and get it to a 3lb trigger.

My new A-Bolt was set around the 3.5# mark out of the factory and is very nice. I adjusted it as low as it would go (3lbs according to the book), and it rivals the Tikka triggers, still not as good but really close.

I'd say the best factory triggers would be in this order for the top 3.

Tikka
Savage Accu-Trigger
Browning A-Bolt

Old 12-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

You left out Sauers.
I "had" to adjust the triggers on both of mine, but I don't own a single gun that I haven't "customized" at least a little bit.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

Cooper and Anschutz come with decent triggers, but I do adjust mine below 2 lbs. which is not a problem as they are not your typical factory trigger.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:25 PM
bigcountry

You know I forgot to mention the finest rifle I everloaded for.FN A1 SPR. Right out of the box, best gun you can get IMO. I am in the process of getting the WSM version too. Great trigger, cold bore POI right there with hot bore. Doesn't foul, litterly at all with chrome lined barrel. Bad news is it wieghs a ton.

Quick Reply: Gun's you buy at a dealer and don't

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.