Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

End times are coming folks

Old 12-21-2007, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: End times are coming folks

You're not alone, I tried everyting, a couple different scopes, mounts, bedding screw torque, dozens of loads, and it never shot any better than the groups you see, and the rifle felt like a POS in my hands to boot.
The day I say I am going to by a Savage inform those nice folks in the insane asylum and have them come get me.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I know, I won't buy one. As you said when they came out, they feel cheap. I got lots of rifles so its not like I have to go buy one or I won't be able to hunt.Little over adozen maybe right now, and I love takin all of them out and admiring them. I wouldn't with a tikka.
Not too long ago, I sat down and made a list of all the rifles and shotguns I could remember owning since about 1952. The total came to 143, but I am sure there were some IO didn't remember. I only have 20-something of those left. If I got any more, I would have to get a bigger gun safe to hold the overflow. There is potential for a REAL problem. I find it a tremendous challenge to try to select one for a given day's hunt.

Kinda like crazy ol' Jack Elam in a western movie I once saw: " Ranger, I'm goona shoot you with my long-range Sharps! Or maybe my double-action Colt! Or this here ivory-handled double-derringer. or maybe my 10-ga Purdey and a double load of buckshot! or this here Winchester..... NO! I just cain't decide.............."

I usually end up with the Ruger 1B 7mm Rem Mag for elk and moose, and the 1A 7X57mm for deer.......
Old 12-21-2007, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cma3366a

Good for you oldelk. After reading all the positive remarks on these boards for years, I finally swallowed the koolaid, and figured if they shot as good as they say they do, I could even grow to love the the ugly savage."If any rifle from a maker is going to shoot well, it's going to betheir synthetic stocked .308, right?"

Suffice to say I was dissapointed, no more Savage koolaid for me.
KoolAid is RIGHT! I must say, though, that I started off by dipping my toe into the waters with a Mark II BV in .22lr. That little rifle is just splendid, and I figured the centerfire would be just as good. When thinking about the latter, however, I can't think of a single thing I really like about it. If 'twere accurate, that would be the only positive!

I'll try to post my target pix later today.

FC
Old 12-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Pix from yesterday's outing. These groups are actually much tighter than what the gun started out at. I didn't bother shooting the 140 grain Core-Lokts yesterday, as those have consistently grouped well over 4".

Old 12-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

buy the tikka ,i love mine. all my savages shoot well under 1inch groups.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I were going to go buy a new deer rifle today, it would be a T3. They might have a lot of plastic parts, but as a whole they are very well made, and the two that I shot this last fall were both shooting moa or better.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

.........and with all those beautiful 700 BDL's out there..................
Old 12-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Not all Tikka's shoot 1 moa or better. I feel like the lone ranger here, my T3 Lite is a dog. Have tried federal 130 gr TSX, Remington Premier 140 gr Accutip and Nosler Custom 140 gr Accubonds. Just picked up some Winchester Supreme 140 Bonded to try.

These are some of the better groups using the Fed 130gr TSX.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:02 AM
bigcountry

I guess what nailed it for me, was I heard such great things about the T3. So at the range, I saw a guy with a 300win mag. His groups were like yours double. So, I figured it was just one bad gun. But then read american rifleman's article on it, and accuracy wasn't there either. So I fondled a few, and decided fondling it was kinda like a fat girl. Gets the job done, but....., you guys know.

Quick Reply: End times are coming folks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.