Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Does my 700 have new trigger??

Old 12-05-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Does my 700 have new trigger??

I just bought a new Rem 700 .223 SPS varmint w/ BBL. The ad and the tag at the store said it had Remington's new X-Mark Pro Trigger, which I believe is supposed to be adjustable. When I got it home and looked over the booklet w/ it, itsaid nothing of the Pro Trigger, and added not to adjust the trigger as it is preset and must be adjusted by a professional. So... Did I get screwed and not get the new trigger? Or am I missing something here? If anyone can help me figure this out I'd really really appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Does my 700 have new trigger??

If you take the barrelled action out of the stock ..the trigger will have a rectangular opening in it ..That is the Xmark pro. It is not to be adjusted by an individual they want you to take it to a Gunsmith.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:15 AM

FYI,

Even the old 700 triggers are adjustable.... As a matter of fact I think they are the best trigger ever put on production rifles.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:24 AM

I was under the impression that these could be adjusted at home. I thought this was to combat the Accutrigger by Savage, isn't that adjustable at home?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:55 AM

This is from Remington's site:

It’s also 100% adjustable for pull weight by a qualified gunsmith. But we seriously doubt you’ll need it.
With up to a 40% lower out-of-the-box pull weight, virtually zero creep, one of the most crisp breaks you’ll ever feel and 100% adjustability, the new X-Mark Pro is the finest production trigger you’ll ever squeeze.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

The more time goes by, the more it seems to me that Remington hates its customers.

FWIW, Savage not only describes how to adjust an Accutrigger in the manuals included with the rifles, it also supplies a tool to do it.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Briman

The more time goes by, the more it seems to me that Remington hates its customers.

FWIW, Savage not only describes how to adjust an Accutrigger in the manuals included with the rifles, it also supplies a tool to do it.
yes but the I've never been able to adjust an accutrigger below 3.5 lbs. and you have to deal with that darn pre trigger gizmo before you even get to the real trigger pull.I'm a savage fan. But, the Accutrigger...Not so much.

I have no experience with these new triggers, but if they come from the factory set to break cleanly at 3- 3.5 Lbs with no creep then I would say that Remington is do pretty well by its customers.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was under the impression that these could be adjusted at home. I thought this was to combat the Accutrigger by Savage, isn't that adjustable at home?
Of course they can be adjusted...make sure your rifle is in great working order and then adjust it or have someone adjust it for you. If you or someone else dorks with it Remington will drop the warranty on it. It's a great trigger and safer then the old trigger
Old 12-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

If you take the barrelled action out of the stock ..the trigger will have a rectangular opening in it ..That is the Xmark pro.

No need to do that tocheck if the trigger is an X Mark or not......The new X Mark is smooth and silver in colorwhile the older type trigger is black in color and serrated.