Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Happy Holidays!

Old 11-28-2007, 06:27 AM

Default RE: Happy Holidays!

Absolutely! Ten points for trying! You poor guys all drowning in testosterone!

Hey - anyone gotten any deer? My brother's a die-hard hunter and all he's seen is a bear - on his back porch chowing down on their bird feeder!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Precision Bluing, I have my grandfathers 870 wingmaster that my brother left in a case for a few months and it came out freckled. I live just south of Albany. If I were to send this to you would it have to go out from an ffl holder?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:36 PM

Hi Dura!

We have an FFL and it is your own personal property, so you may send it to us as we do have the FFL. We in turn, have to send it directly back to you as it is your personal property. In otherwords, we couldn't say, send it back to a neighbor if you were going to be out of town.

We're about two hours south of Albany, so you're more than welcome to come spend the day and participate in the bluing process if you'd like. It takes the better part of a day, but if you're up for a weekend outing, come on down!

Otherwise, USPS or UPS is fine.

Have a terrific night!

Jennifer
Old 11-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Good morning!

We bead blast and polish everything right down to the screws, etc. before bluing, so yes, all rust and pitting are removed as long as the pitting isn't excessively deep. If it is, you might consider upgrading the finish to a flat matte which masks any deep pitting that can't be removed.

With regard to a dent, we would need to send that out to a master gunsmith that we utilize in order to straighten it. I'm afraid that would be over and above a typical bluing job. Sounds like you might have quite a project there!

Have a great day!

Jennifer
I have gone through a blueing class last summer at --> http://www.montgomery.edu/acgunsmith.htm

After this spring semester I will have gone through a 2 year program.

So I know what it takes to get out rust pits and dents.

And what it takes to case color and rust blue a double barrel shotgun. ( The Old Way )

We normally sell the service for $95.00.
I have to say that $95.00 is a deal.

There is a lot of work in reblueing a gun.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:21 AM

Good morning!

Excellent job! I have to say congrats because that's a hugely labor-intensive program and it takes some stubborness, persistance and patience to complete the course! Good for you and best of luck!

You might want to consider hanging out a shingle for the color case hardening and rust bluing. Those are two processes we don't do due to the time it takes vs. what people are willing to pay. Most don't realize the time it takes to achieve a good result, but there is definitely a market for it. We do get several requests, but Mark also works a 40 hr a week job, so it just doesn't fit into the schedule.

Have an awesome day!

Jennifer