Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need some help here?

Old 11-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Spike

Default Need some help here?

I just bought a .270 deer rifle, and now am trying to decide what will be my next purchase. I know it will either be the traditons yukon inline muzzloader package or the Marlin model 925M .22 mag? I would use the .22 mag more but have always wanted to get into muzzloading and have heard good things about the traditions ready to shoot packages. But the .22 would be cheaper to shoot and could use it for alot of different things such as turkey, small game, coyote and just target shooting. I just want to know which one some of you guys would pick and why?
Old 11-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need some help here?

Go with a .22lr. It'll be a LOT cheaper to shoot than the .22mag which will equate to more shooting which equates to more fun. It's also quite capable of smaller game. If going with a muzzleloader, I don't care for in-lines. I'll take a classic traditional style instead.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you like something a bit eccentric try a .22 Hornet, it's not cheap to shoot but damn ! it's a bad little mutha !
It perfect for turkey's and such.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:01 PM

I have several .22 Magnums and will tell you that they are the best buy per the buck today. The last ammo I saw advertised was $9.99 per 50 rounds.

The .17 HRM is two dollars a box more.

I have shot groundhogs and killed them out to 300 yards with the .22 Winchester Magnum. Turkeys , rabbits, skunks, possums etc..

The problems with Muzzleloaders is that not all areas of the country allow them for their primitive arms seasons. Muzzleloaders are becoming the bow and arrow of the 70's. As soon as a new model comes out, all other models becomes obsolete. Just like the computer that you are reading this on right now.

So a new muzzleloader right now is a bad investment in my book as far as retaining it's value.