Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

300 wsm or 300 mag

Old 10-06-2007, 02:53 PM

Default RE: 300 wsm or 300 mag

Read it again!! Maybe a little slower this time! All I did is cut and paste. Read two paragraphs above the large blue article area with the picture of bullet!4th line down! I did not write the article,argue with the pros at Guns and Ammo Magazine. Let me know if you are still having problems finding it and I will talk you through it.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

This whole thread has become a pi**ing contest. It's silly because any difference is going to be so small that neither the intended game animal nor shooter will ever be able to tell the difference which was shot. Yall are supposed to be advising somebody instead of arguing about it and confusing things for him. Get either 1-whichever you want and you'll never notice any difference.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:06 PM

I agree! This forum is no place for opinions. Facts only. Thats why the linksto the articles were posted. But wait didn't the original poster ask for opinions? Now you have me confused.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

This whole thread has become a pi**ing contest. It's silly because any difference is going to be so small that neither the intended game animal nor shooter will ever be able to tell the difference which was shot. Yall are supposed to be advising somebody instead of arguing about it and confusing things for him. Get either 1-whichever you want and you'll never notice any difference.
I agree with you. Both will due fine.Stalkingbear itjust puzzles me that a lot of people put down the wsm's and have not shot them. Some are just old model A users and when a newer current model shows up they are afraid of it. There is a saying that sometimes you just can't teach an old dog new tricks. Me personally don't knock it unless you try it.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:41 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: 700xcr

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

I agree with you. Both will due fine.Stalkingbear itjust puzzles me that a lot of people put down the wsm's and have not shot them. Some are just old model A users and when a newer current model shows up they are afraid of it. There is a saying that sometimes you just can't teach an old dog new tricks. Me personally don't knock it unless you try it.
I wouldn't say nobodies tried them. I have loaded for both extensivily. The WSM is a good round. Accurate. But I can get my 300win mag just as accurate, but with well over 100fps more speed with a shorter barrel.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:58 AM

Yo Timber, dont be a name dropper, check out the ballistics. All I stated is that the claim that the wm at 180 grain is the no-contest winner is false. I read the article and all I asked is for you to point out where the WM is the no-contest winner, thats all. Dont re-quote something that you dont understand. I would like to see bot you and bob forker show me a factory 180 gr load where the WM is the hands down winner. Very simple.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:10 PM
DGH

Josh. I hope all of the opinions here have been of some help. My real hope is this -No matter what you settle on, I hope that when you hand the rifle down to a child or grandchild, it has a lot of stories to keep him, or her, company during their first hunt alone w/ the old BAR - 300 wm or 300wsm I know the old Remington 72130-06 my grandfather handed down to me kept me company on many a trip, and I still remember the arguments from back then. Only they were 270 vs. 30-06;or 300 win mag vs 300 H and H.

Be well in your endeavers, always use fair chase, take and teach your children, and have fun.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: starhunter21

Yo Timber, dont be a name dropper, check out the ballistics. All I stated is that the claim that the wm at 180 grain is the no-contest winner is false. I read the article and all I asked is for you to point out where the WM is the no-contest winner, thats all. Dont re-quote something that you dont understand. I would like to see bot you and bob forker show me a factory 180 gr load where the WM is the hands down winner. Very simple.
Very Simple! All I pointed out was the Guns and Ammo claims in the article.I am truly sorry! I was unaware that you were a better expert than Bob Forker. You must not have been available when he did the research and wrote the article otherwise they would have came to you.The article states: "With 180-grain bullets, the race isn't even close." Read into it however you want! Twist it however you want! Is there a reason you don't post your age?

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/techside/myth_0903/

Old 10-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe some of yall are so immature that you still fell a need to argue or defend a almost nonexsistant difference so much you are resorting to insults-you orta be ashamed of yerselves.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:08 PM

I agree with you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.