Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

INTERVIEWS WITH THE MASTERS OF MUZZLELOADING

Old 09-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default INTERVIEWS WITH THE MASTERS OF MUZZLELOADING

this interview shocked me,punch in on your address and go to MUZZLELOADER information page and scroll down to interviews with the masters of muzzle loading the first one on this is interview with henry ball smokeless pioneer,by randy wakeman read the whole article,especially when you get down to the safety part of just how dangerous a CVA MUZZLELOADERCAN BE I was totally shocked.........Ted
Old 09-29-2007, 04:44 PM

Default RE: INTERVIEWS WITH THE MASTERS OF MUZZLELOADING

did they mention that these "dangerous" cva's were in 95-96 and the original cva went out of business and then bpi i bought the name and started production again with better safety?

tc had the same problems and there have been pics of a couple encores that blew apart.

savage too.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

I did'nt see any years on the statement that he made,and any brand gun if it had any issues I would sure hope that it never left the facility where it was made,whether it was a cva,tc,night or any brand gun,and like I said before I had 2 cva's myself and I never had any issues with them,but I geuss a gun is know different than a car or a boat motor,it never hurts to do research before buying a product........Ted
Old 09-29-2007, 07:25 PM

randy wont tell u to this day if cva or any other brand has any safety issues as of now. He will give u the run around big time. A good production run from 95-96 had safety issues and to this day, are even listed as a recall on the cva website letting people know about those year of inlines.

Randy didnt sayanything about what i just told you, did he?

hes only been handling muzzleloaders for 5 years.

www.randymagic.com is his real job.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:32 PM

I think CVA is fine, but I think a T/C or Knight can handle higher pressures better.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Who says these guys are masters?????

How did they qualify?????
Old 09-29-2007, 07:48 PM

1. How can I tell if my muzzleloader is included in the CVA recall?
Answer: In August 1997, CVA implemented a Voluntary Recall of all In-Line rifle models with serial numbers ending in 95 or 96. Example: 61-13-XXXXXX-95, or 61-13-XXXXXX-96. If you have a CVA In-Line model with such a serial number do not use or allow anyone else to use the gun. If you have one of these riffles, call CVA immediately at 770-449-4687 for complete details and a replacement rifle.
In May 1999, Blackpowder Products, Inc. purchased the assets of Connecticut Valley Arms, Inc. and now operates under the trade name of Connecticut Valley Arms and/or CVA. Any claims relating to the above described Voluntary Recall should be addressed to Connecticut Valley Arms, Inc., not Blackpowder Products, Inc. Blackpowder Products, Inc. assumes no liability for any products manufactured or sold prior to January 1, 1998.

This actually has some great info.

http://cva.com/faq/index.htm#29
Old 09-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

I think cva's are decent myself but,the issue you seem to have gander is with randy wakeman,and he is only doing the review,Henry Ball is the one doing the interview with randy and if I read correctly henry ball has been a gun smith for forty years and him and his son are now building ml's and I'm sure he's forgot more than most will ever know,and these are only opinions........Ted
Old 09-29-2007, 10:15 PM

My only issue with randy is when he doesnt tell the full story of the old cva VS todays new cva owner.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

did you see a date on the review he did any where on it.......Ted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.