Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CVA OPTIMA OR T/C OMEGA OPINIONS ?

Old 09-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default CVA OPTIMA OR T/C OMEGA OPINIONS ?

I really need some good advice hear,I was going to purchase an optima nickel/black fleck for $209 or I can purchase a T/C Z5 omega with a rosewood laminate stock for $319 from a local dealer,both dealers are both telling me to go with the omega,they both told me the omega would outshoot the cva anyday,performance and dependability,I'm kind of getting some mixed feelings about these two guns because some of the guys hear were really bragging up the optima,there is a big price difference,and I know that is a real good price on the T/C with laminate any advice would be very appreciated.......Ted
Old 09-24-2007, 03:39 PM

Default RE: CVA OPTIMA OR T/C OMEGA OPINIONS ?

ok i have a cva kodiak which is the optima's younger brother, but if you have the money for the T/C go for but if you dont the optima is a good gun. either way just see which one feels better to you, they both shoot good.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:40 AM
Typical Buck

Put them both to your shoulder and see what feels the best. Remember, it's your money and your decision.

Just like our opinions here, it's their opinions as well. It's also more money that they will be making off of you too.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

The cva is nickel plated and will possibly flake off in future if it wasn't 100% prepped/applied properly leaving bare steel exposed to elements and I've had MANY cva rifles in shop for repair due to the fact that cva customer service leaves something to be desired. Stainless steel has no coating or plating to potentionally fail.
TC stands behind their products and is way better than cva anyway-JUST MY OPINION.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Knight Master Hunter II and an Omega. I like the Omega better and it costs half as much.

Tom
Old 09-25-2007, 01:08 PM

I have a blued .50 optima. I absolutely love it. It out shoots me evertime. I didnt see the need to spend more on a better name. My optima outshoots my buddys omega everytime.
Nathan
Old 09-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Footofthehills-it's not just the name that is better. I'll let yall in on a secret on how to determine a product's quality. Check around major local gun stores for used models and compare percentage lost from new price to used. If you have had to repair as many guns as I have,you would be pretty opinionated(like me),and have good solid basis for those opinions(like me). The bottom line is a skilled hunter can kill a deer with anything but I grow weary of offering my opinions based from experience when people don't wanna listen. Is it possible that when you outshoot your buddies that skill or lack of attention has something to do with it? I recently traded about 300 barrels off to be made into damascus steel for knives when doing some cleanup.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:00 PM

I understand you get what you pay for but, come on people. Its funny at my local gunshop there are a lto of used omegas. I have had my muzzleloader for 2+ years and not a single hiccup. I have quite a few friends that have "better" name guns and they seem to have problems( esp the disc guns). Not sayin that tc does not make a great product, just tryin to be reasonable and realistic you dont NEED to spend $$$ to get a good bp rifle.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:25 PM

I have the Z5, love it. Funny thing is the Z5 isnot sold with the rosewood laminateas far as I know, and the rosewood laminate is a special model as well (only sold on stainless omegas), so they must've putit on the Z5 barreledaction after it was purchased... Still I cannot see any reason why it wouldn't shoot as great as any Omega out there. I vote omega.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

The rosewood laminate is from last years gun and I can still purchase one for $319.99 which is a sweet buy,and the Z5 is the exact same as the rest of the omegas as far as barrel and the mechanics of the gun,the only thing the Z5 don't offer is the stainless barrel,all they offer in the Z5 is blued and weather shield,I've made up my mind I just purchased a zeiss conqeust 3.5x10x50 that will look mighty fine sitting on top of the Z5 laminate,stalkingbears been a gunsmith for almost 27yrs. and he says the same thing that two local gun shops here said to me,these are not sporting good stores that told me this,they are two gun shops that have very knowledgable gun smiths there,not that the optima's a bad gun because I also had two of them and they shot fine but I know longer have them either,to me shooting strait and being rough around the edges are two different things,this time I'm gonna have to go American Made Steel,the Z5..........Ted and this is just my opinion

Quick Reply: CVA OPTIMA OR T/C OMEGA OPINIONS ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.