Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CVA OPTIMA OR T/C OMEGA OPINIONS ?

Old 10-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CVA OPTIMA OR T/C OMEGA OPINIONS ?

This one is a no-brainer..... Omega!

Better quality -- better warranty -- better accuracy.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

I see that Bergara "guarantees" tighter shot groups than OEM barrels on the T/C's (and being a CVA fan, I'm skeptical of their "guarantee" for T/C's). Has anybody used a Bergara on their T/C?

Old 10-06-2007, 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

T/C Omega 3 shot group with 240 grain Hornady XTP mags at 100 yards. Each square is one inch by one inch. That's not just accurate enough that's sub 1 inch accurate at 100 yards. To each his own but I like having a muzzleloader that is every bit as accurate asmy centerfire rifles.

Feel free to give a hornady great plains, tc maxi hunter,tc maxiball a try in that omega and report back

I could easily do that with a scope on the winchester.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

All american made products are proof tested at factory. If I remember correctly it's 25,000 psi. I didn't say cva is junk,they are good. I do know for a fact they are imported,or at least was as of a few years ago. Just because you or other people like them doesn't change anything. As to popularity,a lot of it is due to lower price. Cva is good guns but is and always will be a wanna be compared to tc and knight. It's people like you that buy all imported stuff without a thought that make it hard on american companys and their employees. I have been in the gun business approching 30 years and have learned a few things along the way.
Let's not get carried away there SB, by the way, where did they make the computer you post with?
Old 10-07-2007, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

T/C Omega 3 shot group with 240 grain Hornady XTP mags at 100 yards. Each square is one inch by one inch. That's not just accurate enough that's sub 1 inch accurate at 100 yards. To each his own but I like having a muzzleloader that is every bit as accurate asmy centerfire rifles.

thats a darn good group for any muzzel loader
Old 10-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a matter of fact,I built it myself. I do realize that sometimes you can't get away from foreign parts but I've personally seen effects of domestic vs foreign products and am all for keeping all I can built in U S to support our workforce. What I was getting at is that some people simply look at price ALONE as most important consideration.

ORIGINAL: Garminator

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

All american made products are proof tested at factory. If I remember correctly it's 25,000 psi. I didn't say cva is junk,they are good. I do know for a fact they are imported,or at least was as of a few years ago. Just because you or other people like them doesn't change anything. As to popularity,a lot of it is due to lower price. Cva is good guns but is and always will be a wanna be compared to tc and knight. It's people like you that buy all imported stuff without a thought that make it hard on american companys and their employees. I have been in the gun business approching 30 years and have learned a few things along the way.
Let's not get carried away there SB, by the way, where did they make the computer you post with?
Old 10-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Dixon

I think your opinion is what matters. Either way, you are gonna get a decent gun and will be happy shooting it. Bottom line - it's only your decision in the long run. We can only offer our input.

Post some pics when you get it. I've never seen a rosewood laminate.

HEY FRANK,I got the Z5 rosewood in got the 3.5x10x50 zeiss conqeust put on got everything I need to shoot it and get it dialed in,I wanted to post a picture on here but I don't know how to need some help.......Ted