Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CVA OPTIMA OR T/C OMEGA OPINIONS ?

Old 09-30-2007, 02:10 AM
Spike

Default RE: CVA OPTIMA OR T/C OMEGA OPINIONS ?

Hi,

I beleave that the cva guns are great! I have two optima's one nickel black fleck stock and the other is the optima pro its mossyoak with blue barrell, and there sweet shooting guns. For the price you cannot beat them honestly. I would highly recommend these guns they are very accurate and well built.....Shaun
[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in the market for a M/L myself and there is no comparison in reviews as to whether the Cva or the Omega is the better choice. I've rarely read reveiws for any gun that are more positive than those for the omega and now that the new "triumph" has beeen introduced, a person can really find some good deals on the Omega.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Dixon

I think your opinion is what matters. Either way, you are gonna get a decent gun and will be happy shooting it. Bottom line - it's only your decision in the long run. We can only offer our input.

Post some pics when you get it. I've never seen a rosewood laminate.

Hey frank,I don't have the gun yet probally sat,I paid the scope off today anyway if you want to see what the gun looks like go to,EXCLUSIVE THOMPSON OMEGA,and click on Z5 rose should be the second one you scroll to.As soon as I get the gun here with scope I will post some pics,but if you click on that site you can see the gun.........Ted
Old 10-03-2007, 10:55 PM

The quality of materials is not close. Spain vs usa. Also if you need work T/C cannot be beat. Example: Iwas hunting in the rain with my T/C and came home to an emergency. I forgot about the rifle(yea I know) well when I tried to free the trigger and cleanthe block I broke the trigger assy. I called the factory they said send it in. I ups'ed it on Mon Recived a note saying they had it on thursday and they tried to deliver it on Sat. You will NOT get that service from CVA
Old 10-03-2007, 10:59 PM

And you know this how?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:09 PM

Oh yeah T/C did it for free. And I know it because I used to sell both of them.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:05 AM

My optima has never had to be fixed!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:30 AM

So if you buy a tc, dont take it out in the rain or snow because it will "freeze" up and break? Sounds like real quality there!

I borrowed this off another forum:

"T/C repair/tech services is "absolutely" swamped. T/C has removed the desk phones from the "techs" desks so they can focus
on repairing rifles and less time talking to the customer."

I dont know about you guys, but ive been shooting a winchester x-150 for close to 5 years and its never had any warranty service or any kind of break down. TC seems pretty famous for breaking down. And im getting darn close to 2000 shots through it on the original breech plug.
Maybe if they'd improved the parts that they know are prone to problems, they wouldnt be swamped with repair work.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:17 PM

As I stated the break down was all my fault not the gun . The gun was badly abused and for that I'm ashamed, My point is They took care of thier product at no charge. The reason I know about cva is i spent pleanty of time with one of thier reps. He was much happier selling kyacks than fielding ? about cva's
Old 10-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

So you only READ that-heresay I say unless you see or hear 1st hand,it's just another rumor. I have 10 cva come in my shop for every tc for work of any kind. I can back this up directly from my repair orders.

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

So if you buy a tc, dont take it out in the rain or snow because it will "freeze" up and break? Sounds like real quality there!

I borrowed this off another forum:

"T/C repair/tech services is "absolutely" swamped. T/C has removed the desk phones from the "techs" desks so they can focus
on repairing rifles and less time talking to the customer."

I dont know about you guys, but ive been shooting a winchester x-150 for close to 5 years and its never had any warranty service or any kind of break down. TC seems pretty famous for breaking down. And im getting darn close to 2000 shots through it on the original breech plug.
Maybe if they'd improved the parts that they know are prone to problems, they wouldnt be swamped with repair work.

Quick Reply: CVA OPTIMA OR T/C OMEGA OPINIONS ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.