Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CVA OPTIMA OR T/C OMEGA OPINIONS ?

Old 09-27-2007, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: CVA OPTIMA OR T/C OMEGA OPINIONS ?

I think your opinion is what matters. Either way, you are gonna get a decent gun and will be happy shooting it. Bottom line - it's only your decision in the long run. We can only offer our input.

Post some pics when you get it. I've never seen a rosewood laminate.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

it should be here on monday,but I'm only putting a deposit on it I should have it paid of middle of october,this rosewood is not available in stores only by one vendor,but as soon as it comes in I will take my camera and post a picture,one of the owners told me it is one of the prettiest laminates that he hasever seen.............Ted
Old 09-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another thing I forgot to post in eariler posts is both cva and traditions ane make outside U S A and thus are NOT proofed for standard UB S proofs. Whereas TC,knight,etc ARE american made and proofed in U S.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:53 AM

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/firearmDetails.php?ID=8883

This isn't a Z5 but it has a T-hole rosewood laminate stock.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:07 AM

prove it stalkingbear, Show me what a tc is proof tested at. show us all. cva is the #1 selling brand muzzleloader and they wouldnt have gotten there by poorly made products.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

All american made products are proof tested at factory. If I remember correctly it's 25,000 psi. I didn't say cva is junk,they are good. I do know for a fact they are imported,or at least was as of a few years ago. Just because you or other people like them doesn't change anything. As to popularity,a lot of it is due to lower price. Cva is good guns but is and always will be a wanna be compared to tc and knight. It's people like you that buy all imported stuff without a thought that make it hard on american companys and their employees. I have been in the gun business approching 30 years and have learned a few things along the way.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:47 PM

I don't know much about muzzleloaders but if i can buy an imported gun that shoots just as good as an american made gun for 1/3 the price, i'm going to buy the import. Codemn me to h e l l but i sure as heck don't have a ton of money to throw around, just my 2 cents.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rem 700

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/firearmDetails.php?ID=8883

This isn't a Z5 but it has a T-hole rosewood laminate stock.
HEY THANKS FOR THE PIC,I'm going to put some money on it tomorrow he called and said it came in today that's the same stock they were offering for $319.99 on the Z5 and there all sold now I have to get the regular stock in rosewood,but thanks for the pic.I will see if he will let me take a pic of it while I'm there.........Ted
Old 09-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

if everyone wants to see a review of the optima pro and the Z5 omega go to your url and punch in,muzzleloader black powder reviews when page comes up go to, no. 3 which will say MUZZELOADER information page go to Gun articles and reviews and look at CVA optima pro rifle by randy wakeman and then go to thompson omega Z5 by randy wakeman,stunning reviews.........Ted
Old 09-28-2007, 11:20 PM

american guy like me who buys a rifle made in spain because american muzzleloaders dont offer me what i want.

Buy american autos and keep americans in work!

OOoooops wait, chevy, ford, dodge are canadian/ mexico made these days.

Buy a toyota, honda, hyundai and keep america working!

Quick Reply: CVA OPTIMA OR T/C OMEGA OPINIONS ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.