Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.17 HMR

Old 01-17-2002, 12:21 PM

Default RE: .17 HMR

On Hornady's webiste they list the new ammo as

$12.00 #83170 17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire
(Packed 50 per Box)

Old 01-17-2002, 01:48 PM
mdm

frizzellr,
Its only money you cant take it with you when your gone.Ill try it out,I like trying out new things like this.Im sure i have a gun or two in the cabnet that I dont need.And if it fails like Rem.5mm Ill set it on the self and just look at it.If noone gives new rounds a chance then they deffinately wont do well.And we've lost a lot of good rounds that way.
Old 01-17-2002, 02:19 PM

there are 15gr bullets you can get to hand load the .17's but agian the wind will push them hard. Also I see no real gain in .17HMR and at 12.00-16.00 thats price for rimfire ammo you cant reload. also if they want a high priced rim fire why can't they just bring back the 5mm rem mag its fast flat shooting and fights the wind better than the .17
Old 01-17-2002, 04:55 PM

17 grains of bullet is pretty small, and I know my cleaning rod won't work in the thing. I hunt outside where the wind blows, so I'm not sure that it'll work better than my .22 mag, and I know it'll cost more to shoot. I think the .17 HRM main advantage will be indoors, on small in-edible targets, with the shooter sitting on a fat wallet, and who is very nostalgic about the 5mm Remington Magnum.