Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

For Your Viewing Pleasure

Old 08-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Site Bouncer

Default For Your Viewing Pleasure

I was cleaning some guns tonight and thought I'd share one with you all.

Here is one of my favorites.... It's an all original, all matchingModel 1851 Colt Navy. Built in 1858, probably saw action in the great civil war.

Thanks for looking.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For Your Viewing Pleasure

Very nice looking 6 shooter. Are the grips ivory? What is the value on it?

Thanks for showing it off....Show off!

Tom
Old 08-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: statjunk

Very nice looking 6 shooter. Are the grips ivory? What is the value on it?

Thanks for showing it off....Show off!

Tom
LOL

Yep they are original handcarvedivory grips.

As far as values go for these old guns,it depends on condition, production model, originality of all of the parts and what accessories come with it. The values can go from $3,500.00 up to $15,000.00 and even well more for some of the more exquisite examples or ones with names engraved on them.

What fun is having them if you can't share every once and a while.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very True. I realy like that pistol. Very nice and rich with history.

Tom
Old 08-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

if that was my gun i would be on the antiauq roadshow trying to unload it for that kind of cash that much money would buy you a new ar15 a new 6 shot revolver and a shotgun or two
but great gun would love to have it
Old 08-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

if that was my gun i would be on the antiauq roadshow trying to unload it for that kind of cash that much money would buy you a new ar15 a new 6 shot revolver and a shotgun or two
but great gun would love to have it
bigtim,

Thanks for looking....

I'm kinda in the opposite frame of mind, I want to hang on to itand pass it on to my children and have them pass it on to theirs and so on. Think about how much it will be worth in another 150 years.

Besides I already have the AR's, new six guns and shotguns.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

I was cleaning some guns tonight and thought I'd share one with you all.

Here is one of my favorites.... It's an all original, all matchingModel 1851 Colt Navy. Built in 1858, probably saw action in the great civil war.

Thanks for looking.

That looks like one of Wild Bill's Colt Navys!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

That looks like one of Wild Bill's Colt Navys!
eldequello,

Yep,old Wild Bill sported two ivory handled 1851 Colt Navy pistols both having hand carved eagles on them. I suspect that was a desirable mural to have carved at the time.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you could of course prove that it was one of his... that would place the value just a wee bit above the $15K mark

I had a guy bring an old Colt pistol he bought for $50 from as he put it "some old black guy in Ravenel". Stamped on the top was a nice to have little feature that read "US ARMY". A letter to the Colt factory later, and we find out that this gun was used in the battle of Little Big Horn.... How it made it back to SC... who knows.... but it was worth more than the $50 the guy paid for it
Old 08-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

If you could of course prove that it was one of his... that would place the value just a wee bit above the $15K mark

I had a guy bring an old Colt pistol he bought for $50 from as he put it "some old black guy in Ravenel". Stamped on the top was a nice to have little feature that read "US ARMY". A letter to the Colt factory later, and we find out that this gun was used in the battle of Little Big Horn.... How it made it back to SC... who knows.... but it was worth more than the $50 the guy paid for it
Unfortunately both of Wild Bill's 1851 Colt Navy's are accounted for so this is not one of them.

I was just pointing out that the carved eagle design in the grip was popular back in the 1850's-1860's for those who wanted to show off their Colt Navy pistols like old Wild Bill did.

I suspect Wild Bill's Colts are worth somewhere in the six figure range. Talk about a piece of American history.

Quick Reply: For Your Viewing Pleasure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.