Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

AK 47??????????

Old 07-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default AK 47??????????

I shot a M16 in the army and loved it. Recently I havepurchased a AR15 and I love it. Now I have a chance to acquirea AK47 for what seems like a steal of a deal. I just wanted to hear some peoples thoughts on the AK47 because I know very little about them. Truth be known,I don't know chit!
Old 07-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: AK 47??????????

Great gun. I got one and wouldn't think of buying a AR15. once you shoot it you'll know. with the 7.62X39 gives it more nock down power.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:44 PM

It's the most popular rifle in history for a reason, dependability. Buy it and never look back. Let us know what kind it is and where it was made and that kind of stuff.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ah... the ak 47. More knock down power than the m16 and AR 15, but accuracy is not as great. Reliability and dependability are standard. This shoots 7.62x54. Very fun to shoot!The gun shop down the street from me sells used ak's for about $420.00
Old 07-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-26-2007, 07:25 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: cma3366a

It's the most popular rifle in history for a reason, they are cheap and easy to make, and easy for barely trained conscriptsto operate.

Point it at an invading capitalistat less than 150 yards,let a full-auto burst fly, and you've got a chance of hitting him. Here in the US, unless you've got big money, forget about that full auto burst. What you're left with is a crude, cheaply built, 'rifle' capable of keeping all of it's semiautomaticrounds ona dinner plate at 100yds. I don't know about you, but for me the fun of shooting a rifle is hitting what you aim at...

Youalready own the Cadillac of semi-auto rifles, don't waste your money on a Ak clone, buy Ar-15 magazines and ammo.
I have to agree. I have owned a AK, and it shot, and worked, but once you feel the cheapness, I didn't want it anymore.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:39 PM

I owned a siaga sporter, which is the same Russian company that makes the AKs. I wasn't impressed. I also have buddies that own or have owned them or variants. It is nothing compared to an AR in quality.

They look cool and sound neat when fired in full auto, but I wouldn't spend real money on one. If I got one for a deal like around 100 bucks or something I might be tempted, but I wouldn't pay no 4 or 5 hundred bucks for one.

I wouldn't say the 7.62x39 has more knock down power either. Knock down power is a myth anyway. Velocity actually does more damage. A small light bullet traveling at a high velocity will do much more damage and transfer more energy than a heavy slow moving bullet will. The heavier bullet will penetrate better though.

If you are interested in that type of a weapon I would suggest a quality SKS instead, I feel they are much better built than the AK's are.

I am mildly impressed with the siaga shotguns though.

If you want something that looks cool and you can plink with you can get a high point carbine in 9mm for under 200 bucks.

My opinions anyway.

Paul
Old 07-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are loads of fun but really don't do anything that an AR-15 can't do better.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:55 PM

Save your money.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

I owned a siaga sporter, which is the same Russian company that makes the AKs. I wasn't impressed. I also have buddies that own or have owned them or variants. It is nothing compared to an AR in quality.
What chambering did you have in that Saiga? Mine is .223 and I have been really surprised at the accuracy once I started feeding it something other than cheapo ammo. I bought it initially for plinking, but I did use it for hunting last year.

The fit and finish on an AK is not the same as the AR. Even the Bulgarian milled reciever types seem crude in comparison. But they do work better under any conditions than any other weapon I have used.

I believe Zastava is still making the SKS, so you can get a brand new one if you wanted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.