Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

AK 47??????????

Old 07-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: AK 47??????????

I have a few of them and they are a very well designed firearm. They are/were made for combat and excell in that arena. They are simple and dependable to a fault and need little to no maintenence. There is a reason why it was named the the most popular battle rifle in history. It shoots a plenty powerfull round (7.62x39) out to combat range with ok accuracy, no where near what the AR15/M-16 can do but it will get the job done.

That being said, IMHO it's not even in the same class as an AR. The AR-15/M16 is a work of art and a fine battle rifle itself. I don't think it can take the abuse that an AK can but the majority of us will never have the need to put it through those paces. If you had neither, I'd say save your money and buy the AR, but since you already have one put down some cash and buya quality builtAK....you won't be dissapointed.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: cma3366a

It's the most popular rifle in history for a reason, they are cheap and easy to make, and easy for barely trained conscriptsto operate.

Point it at an invading capitalistat less than 150 yards,let a full-auto burst fly, and you've got a chance of hitting him. Here in the US, unless you've got big money, forget about that full auto burst. What you're left with is a crude, cheaply built, 'rifle' capable of keeping all of it's semiautomaticrounds ona dinner plate at 100yds. I don't know about you, but for me the fun of shooting a rifle is hitting what you aim at...

Youalready own the Cadillac of semi-auto rifles, don't waste your money on a Ak clone, buy Ar-15 magazines and ammo.
I have to agree. I have owned a AK, and it shot, and worked, but once you feel the cheapness, I didn't want it anymore.

+1, Tom.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Spike

I ve shot the ak-47, the m-16 and the m-14 in the military the Ak's sights are wonderful at short range easy and quick to acquire. The M-16 sights are good for distance but cannot compair to the M-14 I carried. The AK round will penetrate a kevlar helmet at most ranges but the 5.56mm will not. I knew quite afew guys that could hit a man size target at 300 meters with the Ak.The AK also makes a unquie sound when firing that adds to its fearsomeness.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-27-2007, 12:39 PM

Mine was a 7.62x39. I tried a few different types of premium ammo and it still sucked. Like an idiot I got a scope mount for it when I got it. What a waste that was.

Maybe I just got a bad one, but mine was the most innacurate gun I have ever seen. I think I could shoot better with a sling shot. I'm talking like 6 or 7 inch groups at 50 yards, at best.

Paul
Old 07-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Mine was a 7.62x39. I tried a few different types of premium ammo and it still sucked. Like an idiot I got a scope mount for it when I got it. What a waste that was.

Maybe I just got a bad one, but mine was the most innacurate gun I have ever seen. I think I could shoot better with a sling shot. I'm talking like 6 or 7 inch groups at 50 yards, at best.

Paul

As bad as I shoot, that would make me shooting 12 inch groups!I think I'll just stick to my AR15. To many people that I trust their opinion have said that I would not be happy.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Paul
That might have been caused by your scope mount. The ones that mount on or replace the dust cover are worthless. There are many bad side rail mounts out there as well. I bought a good one and still wound up changing the mounting screws. Sorry to hear about your bad experience, there's nothing worse than getting a firearm that disappoints.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get an M1A instead.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:28 AM

I think that 420 for a used AK is a bit much. I had bought one used for $300 and loved it. I sold it only because I was moving to California for about 3 years, and I knew that it would not be hard to replace.
My suggestion, is buy one. They are fun to shoot. The Ammo is cheap. Sure, it isn't, and it will never be an AR-15 / M-16. But then, that is like comparing apples to oranges. I never understand why people always compare the AR 15 to the AK 47. Different Rifle, different Caliber. Same purpose but still not the same.
If you shop around, you should be able to find one for less than the $420 the shop down the street is asking. Or, shop around and buy a brand new one. They are out there.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a Romanian made AK-47 in one of my gun dealers in Calhoun, TN. It was around $250 if I remember correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.