Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

need adive on a bolt action

Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 PM

Default RE: need adive on a bolt action

The new remington SPS is actually cheaper than several of the Savage's...at least wholesale price wise it is.

I for one have had most brands at one time or another but I just Love the feel of a Remington. You can get the SPS for the money you are looking to spend. The SPS Varmint, I believe comes in .308 and has the new trigger as well. Just a cheap, but very functional stock.

700xcr, If your Rem xcr is floated, it came from some batch other than mine. All Rem. Synthetics have 2 small pressure points in the nose of the stock one on each side at aprox the 5 and 7 o'clock positions. They can be taken out with pocket knife or a few licks with a file. From there it is floated to the recoil lug. I took my points out of my new 270wsm. It shoots great by the way.

Actually all 3 are good guns. All are in the same price range. All have pluses and minuses.

Bottom line, like has been said time and again. Go handle all three. I for one would stay away from the new Ruger Hawkeye...not much gun for the money IMO.

Good Luck on your decision.

Dave in WV