Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Do Not Do This

Old 07-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Do Not Do This

Yesterday itook my cheap old CVA Mag. Hunter to therange in order to shoot up some Clean Shot pellets thatwere bought in02 or 03:These were the round pellets. The pellets had never been reliable. We had to put about 5 grains of Pyrodex down the barrel first to get them to light. Shotthree roundsof two pelletswith five grains of Triple Seven for a booster. Shot a nice 2" inch group at 100 yards using 300 grain Hornady XTP bullets.The shooters on each side of me said the report was very loud.

Then i did something dumb. i loaded myfive grains of Triple Seven and three pellets, wrong answer. The recoil wasreally bad. Had not been hit by a scope in at least 40 years, until yesterday that is.The recoil was worse than the recoil from my 7 pound Siamese Mauser in .375 Alaskan. Got a cut on my nose and another one between my eyes. Luckily my glasses were not broken.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:09 AM

Default RE: Do Not Do This

Glad you weren't hurt worse.

Now, who else wants to see a picture?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

"Now, who else wants to see a picture? "

I should be ashamed of this, but.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you shared. Good reminder. I bet I'd have a few of those if not for 5" + of eye relief in my Aetec!

Thanks

Tom
Old 07-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Bad one falcon but it has probably happened to most of us at one time or another. Around here at the range we call them an idiot cut.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-13-2007, 12:04 PM

yea those suck. i did it with a savage 270 with not much eye relief. im tellin ya what, that thing bled for the whole day, lol no lie. it was right in between my eyes. i think i still have a tiny tiny scar from it lol. not a ggood day at the range. i wander if anyone has been seriously hurt by doing that6. maybe even put an eye out, i duhno it just seems like its pure luck i, or yourself, wasnt injured more. i will tell ya another thing, i have never did it again and i doubt i ever will.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was reading and thinking WOW! Then I noticed where your from!Just joking glad your alright and just had a learning experience and a couple worm bites.I poke fun at my brother in Oklahoma all the time,he did a endo on a massey Ferguson a few years ago and was amazed he didn't spill his beer...broke ribs,perfed lung,ruptured spleen...but no spilled beer!
Old 07-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you aren't injured too badly and a tough man to show the picture. A friend of mine tried shooting my 7mm mag at the range last year. The gun slipped and he received a half moon gash between the eyes that required 4 stiches. He was a little miffed when my first concern was that he may have put my scope out. Sorry just a guy thing.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: falcon

"Now, who else wants to see a picture? "

I should be ashamed of this, but.

AAAWWWW Hell.....Thats just a little love tap

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.