Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bolt?

Old 06-21-2007, 09:56 AM

Default RE: Bolt?

ORIGINAL: White-tail-deer

Anyone have instructions on how to break down the bolt on the 700's?
Its nice but not necessarily required to have this tool:
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=7650&title=REMINGTON+BOLT +DISASSEMBLY+TOOL

The hook fits into the notch on the firing pin so you can compress the spring. then all you have to do is unscrew the firing pin assembly from the bolt body.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

All it takes is a paper clip...Now, mine is a M-77, vintage 1980...You just insert the paper clip into the hole provided and unscrew...No problem
Old 06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Sako Finnbear, anyone know how to do this for my rifle?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys!
Old 06-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you disassemble the bolt on your Ruger? I was under the belief that unlike the Rem 700 the Ruger takes a special tool
Remington has it's own tool for bolts also,I have one and makes it a lot easyer...
Old 06-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

Lets say you have a Remington 700 that is dead nuts and shoots as good as any gun you have ever owned. How oftenwould you recommend to take your bolt all the way down and clean the firing pin?
I would clean it thoroughly, de-grease & de-oil it,and apply a dry lube to all internal parts, if preparing for a hunt in an extreme cold environment, like Alaska or Montana in winter. Otherwise, maybe once very five years or so......
Old 06-23-2007, 02:10 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

Lets say you have a Remington 700 that is dead nuts and shoots as good as any gun you have ever owned. How oftenwould you recommend to take your bolt all the way down and clean the firing pin?
I would clean it thoroughly, de-grease & de-oil it,and apply a dry lube to all internal parts, if preparing for a hunt in an extreme cold environment, like Alaska or Montana in winter. Otherwise, maybe once very five years or so......
I see alot of people are using these dry lubes on thier semi auto shotguns (gas operated), what brand do you use? I am thinking of giving it a try on my shotguns and bolts.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:21 AM
EKM
Typical Buck

CZ 550 Safaris, strip the bolt in the fieldwith hands only in a matter of seconds, almost as slick as their set trigger.