Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Have you bought a 280 recently?

Old 06-15-2007, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have you bought a 280 recently?

I have no desire to engage in any argument, but just to add to the discussion from my personal experience...

My PET hunting rifle is a M70 Lightweight in .280.... Killed lots of stuff with it, ranging from woodchucks to a big Alaska bull moose...

Regarding owning rifles with similar/overlapping performance....

I don't own a LOT of rifles, so it makes sense for me to fill performance gaps in my battery when aquiring one...

HENCE, a few years ago I WON a Ruger M77 in .270... It is the only .270 I ever owned... Since I already HAD my .280 and the performance is similar, I never even fired the .270...Swapped it for an XP-100 Pistol in .260, which is something I did NOT have......
Old 06-17-2007, 03:17 PM
DM

Default RE: Have you bought a 280 recently?

My 280 has been working "perfectly" for me for more than 25 years now... I've harvested deer, caribou, blk bear and many other animials with it over the years.

It's a great round and works very well for all the medium sized animials...

DM