Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

which gun to buy

Old 06-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: which gun to buy

For the size game you will be hunting,the 7mm08 beats the .308,but not by much. The reason I say this is due to the fact that a .284 diameter bullet will have plenty of power,shoot a tad flatter,and have less recoil as oppesed to .308 diameter bullets. I'm a HUGE fan of .284(7mm) bullets for deer,black bear,and hog sized game. I started my baby girl (at age 12)out with a featherweight 7mm08 I built her on a remington action and it's recoil don't bother her and she has killed 2-3 deer every year with 100% single shot clean kills. You shouldn't even consider the 30-30 due to lack of longer range capability. A good rifle for medium range(200-350 yards) is still a excellent choice for shorter range. If you like leverguns,check out the browning blr available in a wide range of cartridges.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: which gun to buy

go with the 7mm 08