Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

There any point in keeping the boxes guns come in?

Old 06-04-2007, 04:51 PM

Default There any point in keeping the boxes guns come in?

I've always had a bad habit of keeping all of the packaging anything expensive came in just in case I have to return it or decide to sell it. I was just wondering if it were really important for guns since about half of my closet is filled with boxes the new ones came in.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: There any point in keeping the boxes guns come in?

proof of ownership and serial numbers
Old 06-04-2007, 05:31 PM

Rifles and pistols sold with the original box always command a premium......keep 'um and keep them in tip top condition. Regards, Rick.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:08 PM
bigcountry

I agree with 48 on this. I always keep them, but I trade constantly. It makes for a ok shipping container too.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I keep all the boxes for either firearms or optics. As mentioned before, great for shipping if required and I find it adds a little extra for selling...
Old 06-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

For heaven's sake, KEEP 'em!! It means SOOOOO much more at selling time, particularly if you have had th firearm for a long time. I NEVER get rid of the original boxes, ans as has been said, keep them in good shape too. Keep them dust and dirt free, in a cool, dry place if possible, and out of the sun that can leach colors. Collectors just drool over guns in the original boxes with the original documentation, such as bill of sale. Do yourself a favor, and hang on to them.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:40 AM

Definitely keep them in good condition. they will be worth something in 35 years or less. Collectors pay a premium price for gun boxes especially ones that are no longer made like my Winchester Model 70 Classic Super Grade III 300WSM box. I wrapped her and she will be taken care of for the future! I had an offer of $75.00 for my Winchester box since the New Haven ,Conn. plant stopped making the model 70. What a shame!
Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 PM

I keep every single gun box from any gun I have ever bought and also keep my scope boxes. I also keep the receipts for the guns in my serial number book that I keep as a record of all my guns. That is kept in a safe locationand if my house ever burns down, get totally wiped of by a theif or some other problem. I have all that information available.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I keep them also, mostly because I have more guns than cases, and with the laws up here if I ever have to move or store them away from my cabinet an original box is legal because they state the container should be designed to house a gun (or something similar), so the original box fits the law.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Waterproof

I keep every single gun box from any gun I have ever bought and also keep my scope boxes. I also keep the receipts for the guns in my serial number book that I keep as a record of all my guns. That is kept in a safe locationand if my house ever burns down, get totally wiped of by a theif or some other problem. I have all that information available.
He really keeps all this stuff because...He's just a little on the weird side!

Quick Reply: There any point in keeping the boxes guns come in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.