Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

first groundhog!!

Old 06-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: first groundhog!!

thanx alot NC...sounds simple enough. might have to do it here within a couple weeks right before i get my new scope..that way i wont miss out on any chuck shootin!!

got my harris bipod today...boy do i like it. i already noticed im ALOT more steady with it than i was with shooting sticks that i made...should have bought one yearrrrrs ago!!

now to get the new scope in a couple weeks and i'll be rigged up and ready to go. till then theres many more chucks to shoot...i already find myself scheming up ways of making my close shooting fields into long shots lol....
Old 06-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got some G Hog pictures that would blow your mind... I shot one in the chest at about 100 yards and literally blue his eyes out of there sockets... His eyes were sitting out on his cheeksThen I shot one and opened his chest cavity up like someone did a alltopsy on him... When I walked up to him his heart was still beatingI shot one at about 250 yards and skimmed a bullet across the top of his head knocking him out... He started waking up by the time I walk the 250 yards to were I shot him... Needless to say I blew him in half at about 2 feet... I've prob killed well over 200 ground hogs with my Savage 112 22-250... Will shot 5 shots in side a dime at 100 yards
Old 06-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

mr longbeard...thats about what im seeing from mine! your pics wouldnt blow my mind...ive seen ALOT..lol. i honestly made my groundhog shootin partner almost throw up...he ran away dry heaving...lets put it this way...150gr 30-06 bullet at 50yds to the head...there was a hole, a tounge coming out of the hole, and bottom teeth.

and hes pretty bad...he is always shooting them more than once...pretty much the reason why i am hunting with him less and less...he hunts with a 7mm mag...shot once and get it done...we dont see anything for hours after he shoots 3-5 rounds!!

tomarrow looks like a beauuuuuuutiful day...and only 70 degrees...i'll be huntin after work. testin out the new harris bipod...see if i cant make a couple more fly! think im heading to some longer shootin fields tomarrow though...i dont know...i got a field that is good and i can only shoot it till the corn gets high..if we get a little rain i wont beable to shoot much longer so i might try it out tomarrow after work...average shot should be 250 if i can get setup where i wanna get setup...if not it'll be really close or 350+...we will see where i can get setup...

really like the 250 though....i cant wait to get to know the caliber and get it all figured out...i think my rig will be prettttty dang deadly about as far as i can safely shoot around here