Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Maryland gun law question

Old 06-07-2007, 01:46 PM

Default RE: Maryland gun law question

well im getting the run around again to some degree. called the ATF, they gave me the # to the baltimore division, who in turn said that i must call the state police because they handle that type of situation. that # is the same # i called before when the state officer said that the STET is not a conviction so it wont matter. i duhno. i see both sides as having a point, i see that an official arrest shows i was at least sometime a "user", but i also see that its not a conviction b/c its STET and even if it was a conviction, its a misdeminour and how long would i have to wait to get a handgun then? well it seems people are tired of talking about this, ill just have to call a lawyer, or the president of the USA lol (who would still prob. give me a runaround answer). thanks for all ur guys help
Old 06-07-2007, 04:48 PM

out of curiosity, does any of this effect my ability to purchase shotguns, rifles, etc. i know the handgun debate is still undecided (at least by me, some seem to think they know for sure but im still searching). does any of this deal with shotguns and rifles or does this only deal with purchasing regulated firearms? thanks
Old 06-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

I'm gonna answer your question and then I'm done with this thread. If you try to get a shotgun or rifle, you will be denied. The state of MD runs their own checks for handguns and the checks for long guns in MD are run by the FBI.The FBI will deny you as a current user of drugs for your drug arrest this spring. They will use thedrug arrest within the last year as an indicator of being a user.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:14 PM

Seriously, just call a lawyer. You broke the law, whether you agree with the law or not. There are consequences to breaking the law. If you don't want to deal with them, then follow the law, it's pretty simple. It sounds like you just are trying to talk yourself into beleiving that this situation isn't a problem, but you may be hosed for a while. I would talk to a lawyer, most people on here aren't lawyers and therefore aren't qualified to decipher the laws.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not a lawyer, but I am a final year law student which means I know enough about the law to know that you need to ask a lawyer.

Then you'll have an accurate answer to your question.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:23 PM

alright i will contact a lawyer. thanks alot fellas
Old 06-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

One more thought if you move to another state where a zero tolerance law is in force or where the federal law is the president then that can put you in a federal felony situation . Know of a fellow that lost his job his clearances and spent a week in jail because of a mistamener possesion in 1972 . It all came back in 2005 . It took six monthes to get it all worked out . In Nv. it was a felony and was so treated . I agree with the masses you don't need the weed or anything else . If you want a rush that lasts just stalk a deer to 50 yds or even better wait for 1 in a herd to get clear .
Old 06-15-2007, 12:00 PM

thanks alot harter. yea well i just contacted a prosecutor and he said that the STET wouldnt matter. im waiting for the lawyer and the ATF to come back , but i think i should be alright. im not sure what u mean. are u saying if i move to another state, and try to purchase a firearm, I will be deinied b/c its a felony?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:19 AM

[:@]stop doing drugs and this wont happen, if you didnt do it in the first place it would have never happened!!!! Good luck getting you pistol!
Old 06-18-2007, 02:27 PM

yea i will, but im just glad to hear i should be able to get one. thanks alot everyone

Quick Reply: Maryland gun law question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.