Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Getting tighter groups.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Getting tighter groups.

My faterh inlaw bought a Taurus .44 Magnum revolver a few years ago andI have shot it a little bitbut nothing seriously as we use it mainly for protection against bears if needed. Well in about 13 days I will be leaving for the southern part of the state to do some feral pig hunting in Crawford county. I was torn between the decission of whether or not to use my bow or try the .44mag WellI decided the way to go was with the .44. I hadnt seriously shot the gun, just messed around with it. Well Saturday I thought it was about time to shoot seriously with it. I took about 15 shots at 30-40 yards open sights. I hit the target but only hit the 8 inch paper plate6 times. It could have been me or the strong wind. Shot 4 different loads. Yesterday decided to shoot some more. I shot9 rounds. Again at a 8 inch paperplate taped to a box. First2 shots werent too bad just to the left the paper plate but centered. the next 2 one was hi and the other to the left. Couldnt figure out whyI was shooting so far left. So we adjusted the sights and took two more shots, now im shooting high..wtf? We moved the site again andf by thatI was drilling the plate. Get the frying pan ready cause I smell bacon!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:18 AM

Default RE: Getting tighter groups.

awsome shootem up
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Getting tighter groups.

You don't have to move the sights much on a pistol. I have a Taurus Ultra Lite 44 Mag that shoots pretty darn good.