Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Too bad they had no pocket guns.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Too bad they had no pocket guns.

Having students being allowed to carry guns to school is a ridiculous idea.
Ditto on that one - Big Time
Old 04-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

RR,

I think that professors should be able no be required to carry, as well as any ROTC members, thouroughly trained in the parameters involving the use of deadly force.
I assume you mean professors should be able/required to carry along with ROTC.

Now that's an idea.

Many of the most irresponsible young adults are in our colleges,universitys, etc...They do things they would never have done back home or in High School.Send them away to school and they go Nuts.They often admit many years later the insanity they indulged in during there college years.That's Ok up to a point - but don't put a gun in there hand in a school atmosphere.That's Nuts

On the 2nd Amend issue;
It's really amazing when you get right down to it how many gun owners are really and truelyanti 2nd amendment in some way shape or form. You're either with us or against us.
Maybe I'm missing something here - where and how does the 2nd allow a kid to carry inside a school.And if allowed to carry inside a college then they can carry in High School??
Old 04-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the problem is alot deeper then the weapons issue.Our young men and women have lost a thing called respect.With the examples of some of our Gov. leaders it is easy to see why.If I would of come home from school and the teacher called my parents,that was my a$$,We knew where the line was and never crossed it-- well to far.Hell I got several woppins at school,I dont feel like I have a problem from it.I just never did those things agin.It is called respect,We keep blaming the wrong side of the issue.It was his childhood and high school years that made him that way.It was the environment he faced everyday that changed him it to what he is/was.We take prayer and the pledge of allegiance from the class room , that is just absurd!! We have to start with competent leaders then move to the moral and competent parenting.I have to stop this just really gets my blood boiling.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PAhunter86

ORIGINAL: Briman

How so?
If they are 21 and older, have gone through the requisite training/licensing program for CCW, why should they be treated any differently than other CCW holders?
Have you ever been to a frat house full of drunk college kids?
Never been in a frat house.

Been to a few redneck bars full of drunk construction/factory workers though.

Spent a lot of time in the NCO club full of drunk fellow soldiers when I was in the Arny.

What's your point?
Old 04-20-2007, 07:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Felons can't have or carry firearms. Should they?
They had the right to carry until they made the choice to commit a crime and become a felon.

where and how does the 2nd allow a kid to carry inside a school
Last time I checked these "KIDS" were 18 years or older andold enough to make their own decisions and answer for their actions.

And if allowed to carry inside a college then they can carry in High School??
Last time I checked a person in high school is not of legal age to carry or be in posession of a hand gun.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Many of the most irresponsible young adults are in our colleges,universitys, etc...They do things they would never have done back home or in High School.Send them away to school and they go Nuts.They often admit many years later the insanity they indulged in during there college years.That's Ok up to a point - but don't put a gun in there hand in a school atmosphere.That's Nuts
That is the stereotype but would also be a small minority of college students, we had a name for people who didn't learn from their mistakes and continued to act like buffoons- dropouts.

By age 21, a student should be in their junior or senior year in college. Most students wash out in their first year, the ones who are treading water hard after their first year usually don't last through their second year. Those that end up graduating typically are only about <30% of their incoming freshman class. The typical 21 year old student has their act together or they wouldn't be where they are, and that leaves nothing to mention about non-traditional students of the same age or older- men and women coming off their military enlistment to get an education, or older adults going back to scool to learn a new career. Further more, the shooter was a grad student, his peers were probably grad students- only a very small percentage of college students enroll in graduatel level education- they are the best and the brightest.

I wouldn't hesitate to say that a 21+ year old who is in college is more likely to be responsible, have a good head on their shoulders, and have their act together a whole lot more than a 21 year old who hasn't pursued education beyond high school.

I'm going to go out on a limb and state that I believe that someof the posters here who are against students carry personal protection have never graduated with a degree themselves and there is a hint of personal envy towards those who have had the opportunity to pursue an advanced education, and this might be tainting some judgements.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AJ52

Ditto on that one - Big Time

This is my opinion. If a college student would have a vailid carry permit I see no problem with them carrying. We can only imagine how this would have been if that were the case wouldn't we? I believe there would have been many lives saved that day. And anyone who thinks it would not have made a difference needs a reality check.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:41 AM

all I can say is that I was sittin in class today and thinkin about what would happen if someone came in the back door and started shooting (verdict, we'd all be in serious trouble) and realized how mad I would be if I had a CCW permit (haven't had time to take the class yet) and instead of putting two in the guys chest and saving some lives, I was made to keep my gun at home and sit there and possibly not make it out or watch my friends die in front of me.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ted Nugent on gunfree zones.

Gun-free zones are recipe for disaster
Old 04-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shepdogwv

all I can say is that I was sittin in class today and thinkin about what would happen if someone came in the back door and started shooting (verdict, we'd all be in serious trouble) and realized how mad I would be if I had a CCW permit (haven't had time to take the class yet) and instead of putting two in the guys chest and saving some lives, I was made to keep my gun at home and sit there and possibly not make it out or watch my friends die in front of me.

Well put, I think some peoplefeel a person going to college isn't able to handle the responsibilities. They obviously think college students are in the 18 or 19-22 year old range which is the case most of the time. I work at a university and there are students of all ages, some even in their 40s and 50s that go back to school. Not to mention the staff. I say if a college student, faculty, or staff can legally obtain a permit there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed to.

Quick Reply: Too bad they had no pocket guns.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.