Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which is more accuracte: Sako or Browning?

Old 04-14-2007, 12:26 PM
RDJ
Spike

Default Which is more accuracte: Sako or Browning?

I posed various questions between these rifles on the Firearms Review Forum, but the main purpose of this question is......which is more accurate in a .338 Win Mag:Browning A-bolt or a Sako?

I suspect most people will pick the Sako, but I assume there are also some people out there who own some real tack drivers in the Browning.

Also, if you feel Sako has the edge, what would be required of the Browning in order to tighten up the groups to bring it in par with the Sako?

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Which is more accurate: Sako or Browning?

There is no way to predict accuracy by brand name. You will find very accurate rifles in every brand just as you can find poor shooters in every band. Even two sako rifles may not show the same level of accuracy. Both brands in question here are known for pretty darn good accuracy.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

There is no way to predict accuracy by brand name. You will find very accurate rifles in every brand just as you can find poor shooters in every band. Even two sako rifles may not show the same level of accuracy. Both brands in question here are known for pretty darn good accuracy.
I agree with James B, but I will add that, of my friends that own and shoot both brands, they have better out of the box accuracy out of their Sakos. I have a friend who is a former Browning rep, and Browning rifles are all that he shoots. He will be the first to tell anyone that only one out of three Abolts perform "to his expectations" out of the box, and he owns MANY Abolts.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

It certainly is true that you are going to find exceptionally accurate examples of both,however sako provides an accuracy guarantee that greatly reduces the odds of buying an inaccurate sako.All sako rifles must shoot a 5 shot group of 1" or better at 100 yards before being sold.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thats why I said you can't predict. I have a Sako 308 that will not touch my Browning 308. They both shoot well but the A-Bolts groups are about half that of the Sako. I am sure it could just as easy be the opposite with two more rifles. I gave up long ago betting that One brand of gun will outshoot another brand. Its a one by one proposition. I won't bet against a Browning until I see it in action. Nor would i bet against the Sako.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:20 PM

You cant say that one type of rifle shoots better then another. Sakos are very accurate and so are Brownings. Ive had botha nd still own a Sako. I think my Sako is a little more accurate but when you are looking at a rifle built for long range shooting and comparing it to a hunting rifle there should be a difference in accurace. My Browning was an A-Bolt in 7mm Ultra Mag that would shoot .5in to .75in when i did my part.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which is more accuracte: Sako or Browning?

As any of yall that has read many of my posts know,the browning a-bolt is my favorite action. Having said that,I honestly believe that most quality rifles,especially between these 2,either shoot better or can be made to shoot better than almost everybody under hunting/field conditions.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haved owned both and Sako has been the more accurate of the two for me. Not saying the Brownings weren't shooters but the Sako's would should better with more loads.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The real question is can you be accurate with either one.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:33 PM
RDJ
Spike

Retrieverman - Wow!Interestingcomment in regards to your friend who used to be a Browning Rep. I'd love to have a chat with that fella. Only 1 out of every 3 matches his expectations.....hmmmm. I guess the question is...what are his expectation? And....is he able to correct them to his satisfaction? Or are they traded off?

Thanks everyone for the feeback so far.

Quick Reply: Which is more accuracte: Sako or Browning?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.