Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Pocket Pistol .25 Vs .32

Old 04-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pocket Pistol .25 Vs .32

a 25 or 32 is much better than nothing... but I would actually prefer a 22 over any of those except being a rimfire its not reliables as a centerfire asfar as going bang when ya pull the trigger. My two personal pocket pistols one is a 45 acp the other is a 357 mag. The 45 is a taurus millenium pro though its a little bigger than a typical pocket pistol it however does fit in my pocket. the 357 mag is a taurus protector model 651 titanium and it fits the bill much better as a pocket pistol.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Perhaps you misunderstood. My PRIMARY carry defense handguns are-a pair of taurus titatinum .44 revolvers,and a para ordnance c6lda .45.
Those guns I mentioned are strictly last chance,last ditch effort,and are not main defensive arms. I believe the MINIMUM caliber should be in autos-9mm,and in revolvers-.357,as primary carry. I have seen and heard of numerous times however,where a person was disarmed from primary arm,and had to resort to "secondary" arm to resolve the situation and protect lives. My reccomendation for utilizing a secondary arm would be at point blank range multiple impacts at upper torso,up to and including face,as these areas are usually less protected and are "target rich" pertaining to vital blood vessels,nerves,brain,and spinal cord,resulting in instant incapitation of further agression.-just my opinion
Old 04-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pocket pistol? Here's a cool example of a nice, compact, 9mm pocket pistol....

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=48

Anyone have experience with CZ handguns?!?

Butch A.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ended up putting a deposit on the .380. It is pretty much the same size as the .32. I won't be getting till December or even as late as January. Hopefully nothing happens till then. Or at least nothing that a knife can't handle.

Only downside to the .380 is the service life is pretty high. Since they've packed more punch into the same small frame the springs need to be replaced every 200 rounds. The overall life expentancy of the pistol is quite low as well. It won't be something I shoot very often anyway. Maybe 20 rounds per year.

Tom
Old 04-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 380 but dont carry it much,I carry a Kahr CW9 and also a CW40 in my Trk also have a Kel-Tec PLR-16 behind the seat.....
Old 04-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

ButchA,

CZ's are very good pistols. I guess I will try and compare them to Ruger quality....overbuilt. They are usually heavier than competing pistol of the same cal. Very rugged, not necessary a target shooter, but hell stout. Used by many european agencies. I am not a 9mm fan but mine is my throw in the truck gun since I never worry about it getting damaged and whether or not it will fire when called upon.

As to the question 25 vs 32...bigger is always better!! The main problem most people have with these little pocket pistols and jamming stems from gripping them. You MUST have a good hold on them....otherwise the slide does not fully eject the spent casing causing stove pipes.

I own the Beretta's and the Kel-Tec. Both are good pocket guns but the Kel-Tec is the one that is always in my pocket. I really don't know why you were told about so many problems with them. Mine is accurate (as far as a pocket pistol can be) and has never jammed. I feel it is one of the lightest and best value for the dollar out there.

Statjunk,

What did you end up getting?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I ended up ordering the Seecamp in .380. There is a one year back log on them so I won't be getting mine till Dec.

Tom