Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Pissed!

Old 04-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pissed!

So I'm sitting at work and they send an email that the building is on lock down because some idiot at the company across the street decided to go to work and shoot people because he was fired last week.

Now the building is on lock down and folks are talking about how evil guns are and what not. I spoke up but it fell on deaf ears.

If we all carried guns openly this likely wouldn't happen as often. It is amazing how quickly crazy people sober up when there threat has been matched.

Tom
Old 04-09-2007, 09:06 AM

Default RE: Pissed!

I agree.

Guns dont kill people, husbands who come home early kill people.

But seriously the safest days in the US was during the Prohibition and organized crime years. Nobody messed around because everybody was carrying a Tommy Gun.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

"An ARMEDsociety is a POLITE society".
Old 04-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Heaven forbid that people would want to defend themselves. Just shocking.[:@]
Old 04-09-2007, 12:49 PM

Your co-workers will say that this wouldn't happen if the guy didn't have a gun. I just saw a news story this morning where a nurse with no gun set fire to a building. She is being charged with arson and murder. If I gotta pick a way to go, I'd have to say shoot me; being barbequed alive is a lousy way to go!
Old 04-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I remember years ago watching "All in the Family" one evening. Gloria and Meathead had just come home. They are all upset because they got mugged in the subway. Old Archie says "I could stop that right now. Give everyone a gun when they get on the subway, and they give it back when they get off. No more muggings!" Everyone laughed at the idea being preposterous. It makes a whole lot more sense than most people realize. A whole lot of good common sense there that the gun control crowd just can't seem to grasp.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:36 PM

Well in some ways it may be bad if Mr. Methhead is walkin around wallyworld with a 1911 on his hip and someone gets his last box of Sudafed(sp?) It could encourage some people to do irresponsible things but at the same time though I do agree in many situations people will be alot more polite and less short fused if they are talkin to a body carrying a peace on thier hip.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

What it all comes down to is that criminals prefer unarmed victims. If every, average, law abiding citizen was potentially armed, crimes like this would occur less often. Not to mention countless robberies, car jackings, etc, etc..
Old 04-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

Your co-workers will say that this wouldn't happen if the guy didn't have a gun. I just saw a news story this morning where a nurse with no gun set fire to a building. She is being charged with arson and murder. If I gotta pick a way to go, I'd have to say shoot me; being barbequed alive is a lousy way to go!
I understand that she utilized a cigarette lighter and flammable material to set the fire. Lawmakers are burning the midnight oil to drafet a proposed new law to outlaw sales, possesion or manufacture of cigarette lighters and flammable materials.

That oughta take care of that.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

I understand that she utilized a cigarette lighter and flammable material to set the fire. Lawmakers are burning the midnight oil to drafet a proposed new law to outlaw sales, possesion or manufacture of cigarette lighters and flammable materials.

That oughta take care of that.
[/q

Just one more instance of the legislative insanity that goes on today. No common sense anymore. Just go ahead and flog EVERYONE for the inappropriate actions of one individual. I understand the above was said in jest, I believe, but that's the government's mentality anymore..........

Quick Reply: Pissed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.