Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which Gun Should I Buy????

Old 04-07-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Which Gun Should I Buy????

So guys ive kinda got a delema as too which gun i should get.

On one hand i want to get a new .22 im thinkin of going with with what fallairfever got, the Remington 597 LSS .22LR, i would be using it primarily for qolphers and other small game or just to go out and shot up some targets.

And on the other hand i want to get myself a new deer gun. And im thinkin of goin with Browning A-Bolt II Stainless Stalker as a 25-06. I will be using for deer and coyotes (and my antelope hunt coming up in a few years).

But here's the thing ive already got a 30-06 which i can use for my deer untill next year but i really want to have a seperate gun for deer and yotes and a gun for bigger game such as moose and elk. But right now for golphers ive been borrowing my uncles .22 and im kinda gettin tired of borrowing all the time i want to have my own golpher slaying gun so hence the problem.

So .22LR or 25-06????
Old 04-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Gun Should I Buy????

The .30-06 can be used for the smaller game with the lighter weight bullets so that gun should cover those needs for you so a new centerfire isn't really needed. Go with a .22lr. Everyone needs one (at least one) offers great inexpensive shooting time and still a great small game getter. I can't say the 597 would be my first chocie but they're decent if that's what you like.I think the local Dick's has them scoped for under $200.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both. I've wanted a 25.06 for so long. Maybe this will be my year to get one. Plinking with the .22 instead of the 25.06 will pay for the .06 in shells within a year. Get em both!
Old 04-08-2007, 02:23 AM

Id go with the 22. Everyone needs atleast 1 rimfire for themselves. You can take the 30-06 and use light bullets for coyote or if you get some 180 grain built for bear or moose for the 30-06 they dont expand in coyote sized game and do minimal damage to the fur.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good points made so far. I guess I'd have to say the 22 also.. I have a kimber 22 and I see myslef using it more than just about anything..
Look at the CZ 22 for a great gun for the money..
Old 04-08-2007, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone needs at least one .22 cal. Plinking for pennies.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

The .30-06 is an excellent all around game getter. Get a .22LR. "Once you 'pop' the fun don't stop." Best bang for your buck. The 10/22 is a great choice with many availabe accessories. I've heard and seen many negative things about the Remington 597. Don't count out the Marlin Model 60 which delivers good accuracy and years of reliable service. If you will be using it to pop the occasional gopher or punch paper now and then, even a Mossberg 702 would fit the bill. Can be had with scope for around $100.