Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Now That Remington Has Been Sold

Old 04-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Now That Remington Has Been Sold

Cerberus also owns Bushmaster- I don't thinkits hurt a thing for them.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: redhead522

$370 million doesn't seem like much for a big name like Remington.
Seems like a lot for a company that has been losing its @$$ for the last decade or so. Maybe this new investment company will start LISTENING to the people who buy their product. Although, for the most part, its too late, because Remington just doesn't make a quality shotgun anymore. Their rifles have been steadily improving lately, but we will see.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 PM

SwampCollie, How can you say they don't make a quality shotgun? Have you ever shot an 870? I own two and love them. Everyone I hunt with owns them also. There is a reason it has been around so long, they are the best pump shotguns.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: markly99

SwampCollie, How can you say they don't make a quality shotgun? Have you ever shot an 870? I own two and love them. Everyone I hunt with owns them also. There is a reason it has been around so long, they are the best pump shotguns.
How many 870s do you own markly? I ownfour of them, made from the 1970s, 80s and 90s. You cannot sit there and tell me that a BRAND NEW IN THE BOX 870 EXPRESS is a higher quality gun than an original 70s-80s Wingmaster. The quality on Remington shotguns has gone absolutely in the crapper. I picked up two different semi autos at BPS last time I was there, one of the new 1100 G3s and a 105. Both had crooked ribs, the 1100 was kicked to the right in the back almost a 1/4". How in the heck does Rem expect someone to pay $1000 for that thing when the older, and better made, models are selling used for under $450 all day long? Do you know why it has gone to pot..? Around 2003 or so, Remington stopped letting men build their guns, and started letting machines do it. Well, I would submit that those machines are still having the kinks ironed out of them.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

I also learned that this same investment group bought Bushmaster on Tuesday........something bout this makes me uneasy......hope I'm wrong.
Dan

Old 04-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Same here.... I heard about Remington getting bought out and I just had to sit back and go, "huh?!?" I just hope to God, Remington doesn't end up like Winchester.

Butch A.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta agree with the post on the 870's and 1100's. I have several of each from the 60's and 70's and they areabout as solid a piece as u could ever hope to buy. Fit and finish are flawless..beautiful guns! You sure cant buy anything that looks like them now from Remington. They probably function as well but appearance and value wise they wouldnt be close. I have one 870 in particular that has been hunted with every year for over 40 years...still looks and functions like a new one.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: redhead522
$370 million doesn't seem like much for a big name like Remington.
I believe there is also debt that comes with the purchase price.
The investors will want a return on their money, probably soon, so the company will probably make cuts to improve the profit, that usually is not good.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:53 AM

Swampcollie, I agree completly that an express is not made as well as a wingmaster. I happen to own an express magnum and a wingmaster magnum. I paid around $300 more for the wingmaster so I didn't expect the express to be as pretty as the wingmaster or shoot as well, but I have never had any problems with either gun. They are both very accurate. My dad has a wingmaster that he got when he was a teenager in the 70's and it doesn't look or shoot or feel any different than my wingmaster that I bought three years ago.

As for the semi-auto's you may be right. I personally don't shoot them, never have, probably never will. I was raised shooting pumps and that is what I'm comfortable with. I didn't mean any disrespect by my comments earlier and I appologize if that is the way you took it.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

DM, thanks for the post, its very interesting. We will have to keep an eye on them. Lets hope they do better than Bushnell did when they switched hands! I think almost everyone on here has owned at least one remington in their life, I know I've owned a bunch.

Quick Reply: Now That Remington Has Been Sold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.