Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Wal-mart guns?

Old 03-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wal-mart guns?

ORIGINAL: Maine Shooter

ORIGINAL: aluminumshooter

I like to support independent gun stores when I can. I know they are in business for only one thing, to sell firearms and related equipment. That means they're 100% vested in gun rights. I don't mind paying a little extra to support them.
EXACTLY! If those extra few dollars saved at Walmart are worth it, by all means don't whine and cry when the local shops are gone and you can't get your service or accessories when walmart stops selling firearms. I'll gladly pay moe to help keep the little local shops rather than simply be a number at a walmart where the clerk at the firearm counter was likely in housewares the shift before.
POINT MADE!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally HATE walmart!
Old 03-25-2007, 04:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wyotimberghost

Yay or nay? I know that on many of their upper end electronics, you're not getting the same product you would get if you went to a store like Circuit City. Is such the case with their firearms also?
No.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:39 AM

Just went to my local walmart last night, no more guns in the cases. Which is sort of stupid since they just remodeled the place and put the new display cases in? They are filled with ammo and other crap now. I was just in a week or so ago and they had a full line of rifles and shotguns?

They are still selling hunting stuff and ammo though (not much however), just didn't see any guns anymore. I didn't ask either.

They quit selling archery stuff a few years back as well. We have so many good pro shops in my area it really didn't matter.

Paul
Old 03-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Well, I remember when Sears, K-Mart, Montgomery Wards, Sports Unlimited, Jumbo Sports and others in my area use to sell guns. I have 15 WalMarts-Marts in a 25 mile area from me and maybe 6 don't sell guns anymore.

We have Sonny's Gun Shop, Roberts, Ken-Fix, Graingers, and a few more gun shop's in the immediate area. I usually go to 20 miles to the next county and go to Guns Galore.

So really, if Wal-Mart stops selling guns in my area, No Sweat!

Old 04-17-2007, 06:42 PM

A LOCALE GUN DEALER WERE I LIVE TRIED TO TELL ME WAL-MART GUNS WERE CHEAPER MADE. I SAY B.S. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE ME BELIEVE A GUN MAKER IS GOING TO PUT THEIR REPUTION ON THE LINE TO SELL TROUGH WAL-MART IF SO WHY IN GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD THEY GIVE THE SOME WARRANTY FOR A PIECE OF CRAP. GUN DEALER'S WANT YOU TO BELIEVE THAT IN HOPE YOU WILL BUY THE SOME MODULE FROM THEM FOR A HUNDRED DOLLARS MORE. SO IN THE END A REMINGTON IS A REMINGTON AND SO ON AND SO FORTH.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:35 PM

If you ever notice, Wal Mart will sell you just about anything that you want. One thing I noticed was that even with scopes, it does not have the same model number as the ones in a good gun shop.

The reason for that is because it was made for Wal Mart.

Wal Mart does not want you to buy a scope at a yard sale and then take it back to Wal Mart and tell the customer service person that you bought it there last week and lost the slip and now you want a refund.

So that is how they keep items on stock as exclusives.

The Bushnell scopes I saw there I would not put on any gun I own and the BSA Cats Eye and other garbage scopes are even worse.

As for Remington, I will put it to you like this.

Any customer that places a order of X amount of dollars gets a wholesale price.

Now if you are dealing with Wal Mart, that is not good enough.

They tell Remington that we only want to pay X amount of dollars for this gun and X amount of dollars for that gun - and oh by the way - we want 100,000 of them.

Any company that is in buisness will tell you that yes it is nice to have a large order to keep you in buisness, but when the customer wants to under cut all your other customers, then you have to decide on how you are going to handle the situation.

Their solution is that the goodrifles and semi auto shotgunsgoes to the regular customers that are paying a higher price and the lower end guns - seconds if you will - goes to Wal Mart.

When arifle goes through the line and it does not shoot as well as the others, but does go bang and hits the target.
They put it on a pallet and sells it to Wal Mart to be sent to one of their stores.

When the customers only goal is to save money and quality is not a issue - the Wal Mart gun will work just fine.

When the customer is looking for accuracy, the customercomes back and cry's and complain's and send's it back to the factory. The factory shoots therifle and tells the customer that it is within factory specifications and everything is ok.

Only they do not tell the customer that within factory specifications is 3 inches at 100 yards. So as long as it hits a paper plate at 100 yards it is ok.

The customer gets disgruntled and swears that he will never buy a new Remington gun ever again and the company looses a sale.

Hopefully the new owners of Remington will stop all this nonsense and just quit sellingrifles to Wal Mart.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:27 PM

I don't think you will have the opportunity to buy guns at wallyworld for long. My local store remodeled and did away with their guns. The guy told me that eventually all wal-mart stores will be gun-free. He said the company will deny it publicly, but has begun slowly phasing out firearms completely.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 PM

Bought a lot a guns from Wal-mart, no problems to speak of except for the people behind the counter that does not know anything about them
Old 04-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rifleman

If you ever notice, Wal Mart will sell you just about anything that you want. One thing I noticed was that even with scopes, it does not have the same model number as the ones in a good gun shop.

The reason for that is because it was made for Wal Mart.

Wal Mart does not want you to buy a scope at a yard sale and then take it back to Wal Mart and tell the customer service person that you bought it there last week and lost the slip and now you want a refund.

So that is how they keep items on stock as exclusives.

The Bushnell scopes I saw there I would not put on any gun I own and the BSA Cats Eye and other garbage scopes are even worse.

As for Remington, I will put it to you like this.

Any customer that places a order of X amount of dollars gets a wholesale price.

Now if you are dealing with Wal Mart, that is not good enough.

They tell Remington that we only want to pay X amount of dollars for this gun and X amount of dollars for that gun - and oh by the way - we want 100,000 of them.

Any company that is in buisness will tell you that yes it is nice to have a large order to keep you in buisness, but when the customer wants to under cut all your other customers, then you have to decide on how you are going to handle the situation.

Their solution is that the goodrifles and semi auto shotgunsgoes to the regular customers that are paying a higher price and the lower end guns - seconds if you will - goes to Wal Mart.

When arifle goes through the line and it does not shoot as well as the others, but does go bang and hits the target.
They put it on a pallet and sells it to Wal Mart to be sent to one of their stores.

When the customers only goal is to save money and quality is not a issue - the Wal Mart gun will work just fine.

When the customer is looking for accuracy, the customercomes back and cry's and complain's and send's it back to the factory. The factory shoots therifle and tells the customer that it is within factory specifications and everything is ok.

Only they do not tell the customer that within factory specifications is 3 inches at 100 yards. So as long as it hits a paper plate at 100 yards it is ok.

The customer gets disgruntled and swears that he will never buy a new Remington gun ever again and the company looses a sale.

Hopefully the new owners of Remington will stop all this nonsense and just quit sellingrifles to Wal Mart.
and you have seen this first hand?
Old 04-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

"When arifle goes through the line and it does not shoot as well as the others, but does go bang and hits the target.
They put it on a pallet and sells it to Wal Mart to be sent to one of their stores."

Myth.

Can you pleaseexplain why my horrible new bought at Wal-Mart Second Grade Remington 700 in .223 fired a 3/8 inch3 shot group right out of the box? Every group in over 40 rounds went into less than .75 inches at 100 yards.

Quick Reply: Wal-mart guns?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.