Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun Insurance

Old 03-21-2007, 03:00 PM
bigcountry

Default Gun Insurance

I have homeowners, but it only covers 3000 minus 500 deductable for firearms. My homeowners however is making me itemize my stuff, have it appraised, and it looks to be a 500 dollar premium a year. I used to ahve a blanket 25K policy. I went to NRA website, they suggest armscare insurance. I calcuated and its 260 dollars a year. Thinking of going with that.

Anybody know of a better insurance against fire, theft or loss?

Old 03-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gun Insurance

I'll be interested in some ideas too.The extra firearms rider is so expensive it makes me think they don't really want to insure guns. The armscare is the best Ihave been able tofind thus far.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

bc...You're correct. Armscare is the NRA carrier that I use. Hope I never have to call on them. The last time I increased my coverage it was at a flat percent per dollar rate. You named the amount you wished to carry and paid the calculated rate. No inventory that I remember, no hassle. I'm not selling this stuff, just stating how it works for me.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Wasn't there another recent thread on this?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:02 AM
bigcountry

I would love to find someone that had to use this insurance. To see if they had any troubles.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:07 AM

Don't you get or used to get insurance with you NRA membership. It seems like I remember something like that. At any rate, I have no experience with the insurance you are asking about. But, from my experience with other insurance I would say that they will fight tooth and nail to try and not pay if you have a claim. Then they will probably cancell your policy after you don't give up and make them cough it up.

Insurance companies want you to pay your premiums and never ask for anything back. As you can probably tell I hate Insurance and think that they are a bunch of thieves. Spend your money on a 12 inch conrete bunker to store your valuables at least you'll get something for your money other than empty promises. Man I'm cynical, aren't I!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shato pretty well summed it up... I’ve had to deal with insurance companies before and it’s no treat...
Old 03-22-2007, 07:58 AM
bigcountry

Think I am going to go with armscare. I have had to try to use insurance before. Its painful, but I can't say I didn't get paid. Alot of the problems come with the fine detail. Or people just being uninformed. People automatically assume they got this covered or that covered, and shocked to find out (as I was yesterday) how little they are covereed.. Or did they document it correctly. Take pictures, collect serial numbers, have reciepts ready for proof. Don't just show up and say, "I had this or that but no picts or serial number or reciepts". I like to try to make them accept a serialized list for thinks. For example my motorcycle, I have 3K of assessories. I put together a list and made geico file my assessory list. When the time comes, everything goes smoother.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 AM
c j
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

But, from my experience with other insurance I would say that they will fight tooth and nail to try and not pay if you have a claim. Then they will probably cancell your policy after you don't give up and make them cough it up.

Insurance companies want you to pay your premiums and never ask for anything back. As you can probably tell I hate Insurance and think that they are a bunch of thieves. Spend your money on a 12 inch conrete bunker to store your valuables at least you'll get something for your money other than empty promises. Man I'm cynical, aren't I!
That's a common misconception coming from people who see one side of the issue.

Most of the time, the people who get the most upset about their claims are the ones who have never bothered to read their policy. They think that because they pay money for insurance, they are entitled to hit the jackpot when they turn in a claim, no matter what the actual circumstances are. The policies typically spell everything out in great detail as to what's covered and to what extent it's covered.

That's not to mention the 'extras' that people like to tack on to their claims. Like the ones who say their radio no longer works after their rear bumper got tapped at 5mph. Or their transmission is now slipping, etc.

Insurance generally boils down to documentation.The policy documents what is/isn't covered, andfrom there, it's up to the individual to document their damages.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Take pictures, collect serial numbers, have reciepts ready for proof.
Definitely good advise. Would have eliminated lots of headaches ( live & learn ) but they sure gave me the run around for no reason...

Quick Reply: Gun Insurance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.