Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Okay here is a question about old shot shell ammo

Old 03-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Okay here is a question about old shot shell ammo

I might have already asked or mentioned this:

I have a bunch of older shotshell ammo I found while helping to clean out and older home. It looks to be in good shape and able to be fired. It appears to be some cardboard shells and some shells with cardboard wads with the numbers printed on the wadding at top.

Now I have asked around and the boxes, have two full boxes along with lots of other shells, has to be 100 or more. But nobody is interested in the older shotshells it seems. I mean I am sure there are some collectors some where and was told the boxes were worth something but nothing when I put them on some of the sights for sale.

So maybe someone can tell me more about them and if there are any folks interested in them? I guess I am looking that if nobody wants them then I guess they will work for hunting squirrels, rabbits or doves or something.... guess if they are not worth anything to anybody else and are in good shape then why not use them.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Okay here is a question about old shot shell ammo

Any gun shows around your area in the future? Usually some shell collectors at them. Do you have ant 12 ga. shells marked 2 5/8"? I believe they were made that length many years ago. Perhaps someone else on here could give dates. As far as numbers stamped on the overshot wads or cardboard on the end of the shells, I believe that refers to the size shot in that shell. Some collectors really seem excited about old shell boxes if they are in nice shape. I guess if I were you, I'd hang onto them for awhile. You never know when someone may be looking for just exactly what you have.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Okay here is a question about old shot shell ammo

Thanks, I just might do that. I knew the stamp meant the size shot but know it has been awhile since anyone made shells like that. I will see if there are any gun shows coming!