Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Glock or XD .45

Old 03-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Glock or XD .45

Either one is going to give you a lifetime of service and neither oneis going to really shine over the other. They are both excelent low maintenance guns.

Glocks do not fit my hand what so ever and do not point naturally for me at all. The XD fits my hand very well and points very naturally so I went with the XD compact in 40S&W. I have no regrets at all with the XD.

I suggest you handle both of them side by side and choose the one that fits your hand the best.

the original is always the best one.
So is the original model T better than thecurrent F150? Simply beingthe first doesn't make it the best.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

KI was pondering the same thing and went with the XD45. The more I shoot, the more I like it and do not regret the decision one bit.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

For you XD shooters....

Any problems with the grip safety interfering with racking the slide?
I know that the slide is locked in place when you don't have the grip safety depessed. I was surprised to hear it operated that way, and just wondered if it made a difference to you.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Any problems with the grip safety interfering with racking the slide?
I don't have any problems at all and actually think this is a good feature to have because it forces you to have control of the firearm in order to operate it.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Bigbulls is 100% correct....get something that fits YOU. Try them all for fit and feel. Close your eyes, grab the pistol, and point it. Open your eyes and see if it is pointing like it should. If it doesn't fit your style it will not shoot as weel as it can. If the gun fits you it will shoot to its best potential.

Also, you need to know what you want this gun for, ie...carry gun, plinking, target shooting, etc. If it is for carry find the lightest gun you can because eventually you will tire of carrying a heavy firearm.

There are many good carry types out there now. Several have been mentioned and some haven't. The Khar is one I haven't seen mentioned.

WW
Old 03-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

the most important thing is how it fits you. don't worry so much about glock vs XD, whichever feels better to you. that being said, if they both fit, XD hands down. I have an Xd9 and this gun is incredible. never had a jam in 2200 rounds. the grip angle is much better as well and so are the safety features. Just my opinion.