Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Parker Gun

Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Parker Gun

Isaw that Remington was offering Parker Guns, and I saw the price, $49,000! Who the heck buys these things and what's the benefit? It's only a 28-gauge for crying out loud!!!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Parker Gun

I guess no one has one, or I insulted those who do.

If I did, I apologize.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:39 PM

they are a real nice shotgun but at 49 grand i dont know anyone who does or will get one. i got to shoulder one a few times and they are pretty sweet. very high quality
Old 03-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 700bdl870exp

they are a real nice shotgun but at 49 grand i dont know anyone who does or will get one. i got to shoulder one a few times and they are pretty sweet. very high quality
No matter how Remington tutes this thing up....it will always be just another Parker Repro.... for that kind of money, there are a heck of alot better made and better investment guns around.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't even know anyone else made a gun for $49,000 that wasn't an actual antique.

What's the big deal about a shotgun? Isn't it like any other? It's definately not as powerful as a 12-gauge. The highest class rifle I ever saw was in Gander Mtn. and they had the Ruger Magnum Rifle, and they had some expensive O/U there too.

I, personally, would rather get an auto-loader instead of a two-shot break-action.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Perrazzi has one model I was looking at while at a shot show that ran $275,000.00 and remember thinking at the time who buys guns like that . I guess people that have that kind of money to spend . LOL
Old 03-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Must be a shotgun from the Donald Trump Collection!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: younggun243

I didn't even know anyone else made a gun for $49,000 that wasn't an actual antique.

What's the big deal about a shotgun? Isn't it like any other? It's definately not as powerful as a 12-gauge. The highest class rifle I ever saw was in Gander Mtn. and they had the Ruger Magnum Rifle, and they had some expensive O/U there too.

I, personally, would rather get an auto-loader instead of a two-shot break-action.

True, most of your over the top priced guns are going to be older and/or owned by someone with a famous last name, such as Eishenhower, Roosevelt, Earp, Masterson, Keith, O' Connor, etc. Or perhaps, have a nice title in front of their names, like King, Sultan, Furher, or General.

There are, however, a few current production models that can cost you up around and over what you can purchase a 1500 sq ft house for in most American suburbs.

Do a google search for Galazaan and CSMC. Tony Galazaan is making some beautiful guns, by hand, custom built to your specifications and of course to your body (which is extremely important in shotgunning), and he holds the production rights to several of the more famous double gun designs (especially American ones) that start off around $16K for a plain one. All of his guns (save the RBL) are completely hand-made.You can also search some of the other high-end London gun makers, like Holland and Holland, Purdey,or Boss. All are still in business.

What makes them so expensive is the sheer quality that they put into their guns. They are made one at a time, by hand, built to order. Break action guns have incredibly strong actions, which is one of the reasons why so many clay shooters prefer them. Sure you will spend $15K+on a Kreighoff, but it will last you several lifetimes.

Also, some of these guns are acctually good investments, which is rare for a new gun. A gentleman who is a good customer of mine purchased a Holland and Holland, built for him, in 1983. He finally got his gun in 1987, and it had cost him right at $19K. Today, that same gun is being built new for over $80K, and his, in decent used condition is still worth around $40K. Not bad for 20 years of field use for it to double in value!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that's pretty neat, I guess it's like the "Royles Royce of Shotguns"! I've actually only seen a Royles Royce once, in the Czech Republic, talk about a modern, and yet very classic, old style, car!

I bet those shotguns are dandy if a car is so nice, but I'd bet I wouldn't want to take it out and shoot it, being afraid I might scratch it, if I ever got one.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: younggun243

Isaw that Remington was offering Parker Guns, and I saw the price, $49,000! Who the heck buys these things and what's the benefit? It's only a 28-gauge for crying out loud!!!!!
I've seen them at around 25K, but never 49K! It would have to be a very rare one, in pristine condidion. Since it is a 28 Ga., perhaps it is a real collector's Parker. There is no doubt tha for woekmanship, the Parkers were the best of all US-made shotguns, with only one or two others coming close! The only shotgun in the world I consider to be perhaps better is the Purdey, and only certain ones of those......

Quick Reply: Parker Gun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.