Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How much should I ask for this gun.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default How much should I ask for this gun.

I have a Mossy 500 that has had 3 rounds fired from it with the muzzleloader conversion barrel. That is all that I have done with it. A friend wants my slug barrel. I told him he could have the muzzleload barrel. It's worthless. The gun is flawless except for the permanent ring around the firing pin from using the conversion barrel.It seems the primer doesn't seal the gas very well anda Mossberg action isn't designed to stand up to black powder corosion. So anyway it has the field barrel, dual comb stock,and I think 3 chokes. Plus the affore mentioned flaw. What do you think?

[/align]
Old 03-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much should I ask for this gun.

So, you are looking to sell a Mossberg 500 with a dual comb stock. It will come with one accu-choke barrel with 3 chokes....(Improved, modified and full I assume)
What is the length of the barrel? Does it have a raised vent rib?
Old 03-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

28"and yes it has a vent rib bbl. the only flaw is the stained finish around the end of the action. I would like to take a moment to say those conversion bbls are a terrible idea.

[/align]
Old 03-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd ask $300.00 and see what kind of traffic I get
Old 03-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Around here you can find it for 250-300 on sale regularly as you spec'd it.

If you want to get it gone ask 230-240 and take a little less if ya have to.

It would be much more attractive with the slug barrel included. Then you might go 300.

But why do you want to sell it - you never really said. Did you buy it just to try out the BP conversion?

You can buy a Mossberg brand fully rifled, ported slug barrel with a 3-9X scope as a package forabout 175 which is factory "laser bore sighted. Mine was dang near dead on as was the one my bud bought for an 870. (Mossberg only makes those combo setups for 500s and 870s as far as I know). That combo sure turned one of my 500s into a real deer killer.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

As easy as the Moss 500's are to get (walmart, Dick's bass pro, etc) they don't comand much orf a used resale value. I'd think that package ...$250 maybe. They're just to prevalant new and low prices.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

I bought it to make a "poor man's encore". The Bp barrel was junk though. I don't need the gun since I have a 835. I could use the money to help pay for the other guns I am buying. Plus I need the room in my guncase for my .223 and Jacob's BPS . I didn't expect to get a bunch of money for the gun but whatever I could get would help.I promised a friend the slug barrel so it is just the field barrel,chokes and gun itself. The dual comb stock I bought seprately from the gun but I don't want to put it on my 835 soit goes with the gun. I had my 835 stock shortened tofit my short arms. I'm built like a chubby gator.

[/align]