Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

WTB Active turkey loads

Old 03-15-2007, 07:39 PM

Default WTB Active turkey loads

Im needing some Activ Penetrator turkey loads 12ga. 3 inch. I have shot all I have and they evidently dont make them anymore and Im in need of as many as I can find. If you have any, or know where there is some at let me know I will buy them. Thanks
Old 03-16-2007, 06:05 AM

Default RE: WTB Active turkey loads

You and Me Both!!!

Man those were some AWESOME shells. Thank our WV tax structure for the failure.
If I had any you couldn't afford them....LOL

That said....if you find a bunch, you wouldn't sell me half of them real cheap would ya?

Seriously though, they shot really great in my guns....I have one shell left and I will just keep it around for a collector item. They were made not 15 miles from me as the crow flies, and I didn't know they were going out until it was completely closed. I bought a few boxes back then but usedthem all up. (except that one) I know a guy that found some in a pawn shop out west on a motorcycle cross country trip ON A CLEARANCE RACK. Made the guy an offer on allhe had, bought them and shipped them back to his house. I have already tried to buy them at a big profit, but not for sale.

Good Luck
Dave in WV
Old 03-16-2007, 10:07 AM

Yeah I know, last year I tried the same thing to find some, and even had a guy from here post a picture of 3 or 4 new unopened boxed.I PMed and emailed him a few time trying to buy them and he wouldnt even answer. I guess he just wanted to brag that he had some and I didnt,lol. I had three left after last year, and patterned my gun with some new chokes a few weeks ago, and shot the ones I had, and like usual they outperformed all the other shells I tried.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

reload them try and figure out the recipe for them...maybe even find a better one.... ebay has some Activ hulls i know that

Old 03-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Spike

Great shells!! I have about 10 left. Hopefully that means 10 turkeys. Sorry, but I cant part with any of them.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:33 PM

Try using a Turket ranger. Ballistic products did have a few unslit Turkey Ranger wads available. You had to call to get them, they weren't in the catalog. I slit mine 1 inch with a load of bluedot behind two ouces of shot. With extra full turkey choke a fifty yard shot to the head is easy. My last Turkey this year was at 52 yards and didn't get but one shot in the body.(It was in the wing area). I use a load listed in manuals for the blue dot but substitute the wad and a plastic gas seal beneath it. Chronographed it at 1220 fps. You might want to consider shooting it in a gas operated semi-auto. I couldn't stand to pattern test it in the Mossberg 835.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Apparently Gamebore (Kent cartridge Co.) bought activ out and Kent's tungsten matrix tuirkey loads are the same as the Activ penetrator turkey loads.