Up till now I was gonna use the bow only. Then I won the gun, then I won a drawing for some stuff that included a lazy leg to help hold the..." />

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Wondering If It Is a Sign?

Old 03-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wondering If It Is a Sign?

At the NNY NWTF Banquet this past Saturday I won a Remington 870 Express 12 gauge, 3 1/2 with Team NWTF stamped on receiver. Up till now I was gonna use the bow only. Then I won the gun, then I won a drawing for some stuff that included a lazy leg to help hold the gun. I said 'wow, is this a sign from the Turkey gods? Am I suppose to use this gun in my pursuit of the wild turkey this Spring?'

It is a great feeling to finally win one at the banquet, but such a dilemna!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wondering If It Is a Sign?

Leave your shotgun at home and take bow. Since I started doing that,I have gotten the excitement back harvesting 4 turkey(so far) with bow.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

While I love to gun and archery hunt I'd have to say it's a sign and you have a new toy to try out. Any turkey hunting is good turkey hunting no matter how it's done..

You seem excited about the gun so I say Use It!!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

A good many years ago I won a Win. 1300 in NWTF Comm., and I've used it exclusively for Spring gobbler ever since. Between my old Lynch Jet call and that gun, more than one beard has been tacked on the camp wall. Use it and enjoy.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

listen to stalkingbear, take the bow and leave the gun... and jsut so that gun doesnt get wasted for this season... and jsut to make sure youa rent tempted to use it, you can send it to me to look after until after season.
deal?

Old 03-15-2007, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tj_cubin

listen to stalkingbear, take the bow and leave the gun... and jsut so that gun doesnt get wasted for this season... and jsut to make sure youa rent tempted to use it, you can send it to me to look after until after season.
deal?

tj I could do that afterall you are right down the road from Dexter, even done some shooting at the Sacket Harbor gun club!

[8D]
Old 03-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

A good many years ago I won a Win. 1300 in NWTF Comm., and I've used it exclusively for Spring gobbler ever since. Between my old Lynch Jet call and that gun, more than one beard has been tacked on the camp wall. Use it and enjoy.
PA sort of what I was thinking. Seems I had decided to restrict it to bow hunting, but maybe the turkey gods were saying like demoIL said that any turkey hunting is good turkey hunting, gun or bow! Proved I could do it with bow so nothing more to prove, except calliing em in myself! [8D]