Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

muzzle break?

Old 03-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default muzzle break?

I have a Colt AR-15 Match Rifle and it does not have a muzzle break like most AR's.I was wondering if you can have them put on or buy them to put them on yourself?If any of you guys know what would they run$?I really dont need one on it because it has literally no recoil,but i like the looks of them..thanks
Old 03-06-2007, 08:09 AM

Default RE: muzzle break?

I usually dont see muzzle brakes on AR-15's. They are usually flash suppressors.I like the way they look too. A gunsmith could put one on you gun but i have no clue what it would cost. It might already be threaded for one. Look at the end of the barrel and there might be a thread protector over the threads. If its already threaded you can order them from places like Midway.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I really dont need one on it because it has literally no recoil,but i like the looks of them..thanks [align=right][/align]
So why would you want to put your ears through the punnishment of having one?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats right bigbulls.
Nothing worse then a guy with a 7mm with a break on it,well a 50 cal would suk.[:@]

Better have good ear protection.I put a M.B on my PLR-16 just to keep it a little more steady but now its also louder....

If you put a break on any rifle make sure you let the people on both sides of you at the range know so they can protect thier ears(or run)...
Old 03-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Dominant Buck

brush, I took a BRN A-Bolt .338 W/MB to CO in 1994 and fired it between 2 boulders andthat is the last time I have shot it![:'(]If you insist on a Muzzle Brake, I suggest you shoot it in the open, wear good ear protection and have no one standing next to youwithout ear protection. Take it to a covered Rifle Ranger and see what the other shooters tell you!!!!

Hey, one should always wear Ear Protection andShooting Glassesno matter what they are shooting, but how many do?

Old 03-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

Well it is already pretty loud,loud enough that it makes your ears ring after a couple shots,so i dont shoot it with out ear protection.But after you guys telling me that it will make it louder,,well i doubt that i will get one,i could not stand it much louder.What would i do without huntingnet???Make dumb choices.Thanks alot guys.I did not know that they made them louder..
Old 03-06-2007, 02:24 PM

Not a muzzle break, they are flash supressors. They look cool but don't really serve a purpose on a civilian rifle. I would not pay money to put an actual muzzle break on a semi auto small bore centerfire. The only thing it will do is increase the noise level.

If you decide to get one make sure you make it clear you want a flash supressor, not a muzzle break.

Paul
Old 03-06-2007, 03:09 PM

For about $50,a gunsmith can thread your barrel for a muzzle brake or flash suppressor. The standard thread pitch is 1/2 X 28. Once it is threaded, there are a lot of accessories you can screw onto the muzzle.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brushbustin

What would i do without huntingnet???Make dumb choices.Thanks alot guys.I did not know that they made them louder..
Hey, you're not alone, if I didn't have this site, I would've gotten a Remington Model 710 instead of a Remington673!

I also would have gotten a .243, but I got wise and gota .308. But it was too late for my username.
I was actually going to get a 7mm-08, but I DECIDED to get a .308, that's nice, hunting.net tells you what to do,AND gives you room to use your head!

I love this site!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look at it this way REB..You would ether be black booked[] or when people saw you coming they would book and you would have the range to yourself

Quick Reply: muzzle break?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.