Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Just got A3 carbine

Old 03-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Just got A3 carbine

Oh my gosh. your kidding? Those suckers are well over 300 dollars. Looks nice, but I will have to wait. Just bought a nikon monarch for a varmit rig.

Next time we meet, you ought to bring it and let me look thru it.
Yeah, I got it at a good price, but it was still wasn't cheap. I use Nikons on my hunting guns, but wanted the 'latest technology' for the AR. It was more or less an anniversary present after years of sharing a bag of chocolate and not much else with my wife because we had an insane mortgage to pay. Not that I needed it, but it was nice to get.

I'm sure I'll be up the BBQ, wherever it may be, and I'll be around a lot more in the future if all goes well. I can hear Hap Bakercalling my name. Enjoy the AR!

Old 03-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good purchase there bigcountry!

I also put an EOTech on my AR15 a few months back when I finally got my new one. It works great as long as magnification isn't needed. I've shot alot of coyotes and a few jackrabbits out at 200 yards. I'm not sure the EoTech would be much more effective past 200 yards on varmint sized critters. On their website they claim it to be a 300m effective sight on man-sized targets, which I don't doubt one bit.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm fixing to order my AR from CMMG and wish I could afford a eotech but I'll get by with flipup rear and put a KNS crosshair on the front till better times.I'm spending enough with other little extras for wear and tear,so iron will do ok to start.Mine will be for yotes while driving the pasture anywho.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:24 AM
bigcountry

I am a bolt guy. So forgive a silly question. But whats the best way of modifying my trigger to something little more better of everything.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd suggest buying the Rock River NM trigger group and installing it. It runs about 100 dollars. Thats the trigger I have had in both my ARs and its a sweet trigger.

If you don't want to go that route, I can't help ya out as I've never had to have a trigger job done on an AR cuz of the above trigger.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-06-2007, 09:45 AM
bigcountry

You know I got dozens of guns. But I havn't been this giddy to get a gun in along time. Bad news by the time I get cleared next week, I will be in Omaha or Chicago. So I won't be able to shoot it for a while until I get back

Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

But I havn't been this giddy to get a gun in along time. Bad news by the time I get cleared next week, I will be in Omaha or Chicago. So I won't be able to shoot it for a while until I get back
Ouch, that sucks. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with your new 'toy' and will end up spending a lot of money on it