Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Give Jim another chance

Old 02-22-2007, 07:58 AM

Default RE: Give Jim another chance

"I personally own 3 AR's, 3 AK's, and 3 SKS's. My most favorite rifles for now are in 45/70. I also own 23 various hunting rifles and shotguns."

Are you a shill for Zumbo or something? Read my response to your post on Graybeard. No, i will not give Zumbo another chance. He jumped into bed with Sarah Brady and her bunch. Let him lie there.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:05 AM

"I'm sorry I didn't write Remington, Gerber, Cabela's, Himountain, or Swarovski pertaining to them sponsoring Zumbo. I was too busy writing and calling my elected politicians trying to squash the federal AWBII, AND the proposed AWB here in Illinois."

By his statement as an "arms expert", gun writer, and former closet anti-gun liberal, Zumbo just unraveled all the work that you and tens of thousands of Second Amendment supporters have accomplished in decades. So, just keep on supporting guys like Zumbo while you try to get the Illinois AWB squashed. Happy FOID card to you.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:18 AM

He is done!!!

Outdoor Life And Jim Zumbo Part Ways
By Todd. W. Smith
Editor-in-Chief
Outdoor Life magazine Editor-in-Chief Todd Smith released the following statement today regarding writer Jim Zumbo:
February 2007

In light of comments made by Jim Zumbo in his February 16, 2007 blog posting on the magazine’s website, Mr. Zumbo has offered to terminate his association with Outdoor Life, and the magazine has accepted his offer. Accordingly, he will no longer be contributing to the magazine in print or online. His final column with Outdoor Life will appear in the April 2007 issue, which has already gone to press.
We respect Mr. Zumbo's First Amendment right to free speech, and we acknowledge his subsequent apology and admission of error. However, Outdoor Life has always been, and will always be, a steadfast supporter of all aspects of the shooting sports and our Second Amendment rights, which do not make distinctions based on the appearance of the firearms we choose to own, shoot or hunt with.
We regret this turn of events, as Mr. Zumbo has been a good friend to this magazine and lifelong advocate for hunters and hunting rights.
We appreciate the comments we've received from our loyal readers about this matter and encourage them to continue to correspond with us. Please direct any additional comments to [email protected].

Old 02-22-2007, 08:37 AM

"We regret this turn of events, as Mr. Zumbo has been a good friend to this magazine and lifelong advocate for hunters and hunting rights."

Please note that the writer never mentioned Second Amendment rights. This is the way that Outdoor Life is. Outdoor Life has been on the cutting edge of the anti-"assault weapons"debate for many years. They were one of the first magazines to talk about "hunting guns" versus those ugly "assault weapons". Jim Zumbo does not get a pass from me. Outdoor Life does notget a pass either.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:49 AM
bigcountry

I just want to hear how he was a great hunter? Every show I have seen him in, he had a guide with him showing him an animal to shoot.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Zumbo screwed his own pooch, and all the excuses in the world can't take the words back. I personally think it is a shame that his life's work has come crashing down around him, but he did it to himself. He might have been tired or drunk or whatever, but to me, that make what he wrote even more credible. His guard was down and he told the world how he really feels.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:53 AM

[:@][:@][:@]dont give an idiot more than one chance. he should be done
in my opion
Old 02-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Look Zumbo used a poor choice of words such as "assault " and "terrorist".
BUT NOWHERE DID HE SAY ANYONE DIDN"T HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN AN AR OR AK et al.

He was trying to deal with the public image these weapons have on the general public. Maybe everyone forgets that hunting is not a right guaranteed in the bill of rights but is regulated wether we like it or not by the NON HUNTING majority and an increasingly Hostile to hunting and gun judges and politicians. That's the bottom line like it or not. Fish & Game Depts. good science can be and often are trumped by judges and politicions with there own agendas. Anybody recall a few bear & dove seasons that didn't happen?

Old 02-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: alsaqr

"I'm sorry I didn't write Remington, Gerber, Cabela's, Himountain, or Swarovski pertaining to them sponsoring Zumbo. I was too busy writing and calling my elected politicians trying to squash the federal AWBII, AND the proposed AWB here in Illinois."

By his statement as an "arms expert", gun writer, and former closet anti-gun liberal, Zumbo just unraveled all the work that you and tens of thousands of Second Amendment supporters have accomplished in decades. So, just keep on supporting guys like Zumbo while you try to get the Illinois AWB squashed. Happy FOID card to you.

See, nowhere did I say I support Zumbo. You might want to work on your reading comprehension skills a bit. What I said was, I wish people would putas mucheffort into writing/calling their elected officials, as they did contacting his sponsors. If you can take 5 minutes to write a few of his sponsors, why can't people take the same time and write to people who will be responsible for these proposed laws?

Quick Reply: Give Jim another chance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.